PDA

View Full Version : Massive police manhunt over student’s sword called off by his mum

Teh One Who Knocks
02-19-2015, 11:50 AM
Richard Hartley-Parkinson for Metro.co.uk

http://i.imgur.com/SyqprKl.jpg

A large manhunt was launched in Norwich last night after a man was spotted with a sword.

But it turned out to be a student with a toy.

Firearms officers, police dogs and a helicopter were all drafted in to search for the suspect at 5.50pm.

But then the force control room received a worried phone call from the student’s mother to say it was all a big mistake.

She told the force it was in fact her 18-year-old son filming for a college project and the weapon was identified as a fake machete.

Superintendent Stuart Gunn said: ‘Strong words of advice were given by police to the 18-year-old male with regards to the alarm that had been caused.

‘We would kindly ask members of the public if they are planning any sort of activity or filming in a public place that may prompt concern amongst the public and, consequently, trigger any police activity, to call us in advance so that we can give suitable advice.

‘If the police receive reports of what is believed to be a weapon, openly displayed in public places or used in an inappropriate manner then we need to react promptly to the information that we are given at the time.’

FBD
02-19-2015, 01:30 PM
that much sword crime over there? :haha: I know a lot of pissed off tai ji players who are rather pissed they cant even practice their sword forms in public without facing two dozen people freaking out about the mere presence of a sword and subsequent arrest

redred
02-19-2015, 02:29 PM
that much sword crime over there? :haha:

not a lot , the last big one i remember was a member of our armed services getting their head cut off in public on a london street but there was a few more deaths over christmas with machetes , really didn't find that funny so i'm glad the police seemed to have gone over the top on this

FBD
02-19-2015, 03:08 PM
:sealed: