PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe in past lives? Toddler’s testimony has family questioning if he was a Chicago woman

Teh One Who Knocks
02-19-2015, 11:57 AM
FOX 2 Now St Louis

http://i.imgur.com/WW8YuB3l.jpg

CINCINNATI, OH – Do you believe in past lives? An Ohio boy’s family says they didn’t until the child started sharing specific details. He spoke about living another life, in a different city, as a woman who suffered a horrific death.

Parents will tell you that kids say and do the darnedest things. Erika Ruehlman’s 2-year-old son Luke seemed obsessed with safety at their suburban Cincinatti home. Then, there was that other fixation.

“I specifically asked him, ‘Why did you name the ladybug Pam?’ He said I just think it`s a nice name. said Erika Ruehlman. “I didn`t think anything of it other than it was strange to me because we didn`t know any Pams.”

Soon everything was Pam from toys to drawings with increasingly peculiar comments.

“He’d say when I was a girl I had black hair or he’d say I used have earrings like that when I was a girl.” said Erika Ruehlman.

The stay-at-home mom wondered where he was getting these ideas. Luke`s answer changed their lives forever.

“I was like, ‘Who is Pam?’ That’s when he turned to me and said, ‘Well I was.’ I said, ‘what do you mean you were?’ He was like, ‘Well I used to be, but I died and I went up to heaven and I saw God and eventually God pushed me back down. When I woke up I was a baby and you named me Luke.'” said Erika Ruehlman.

Now, she was really confused. Erika says she and Luke’s dad weren’t religious and never discussed God or heaven in front of the toddler. Let alone life and death.

“She called me and said something weird is going on. said grandmother Lisa Trump.

Erika’s mom, Lisa Trump remembered a book she`d read in the 70`s by the late Dr. Ian Stevenson who clinically studied past life claims.

“We started to realize perhaps we did have something there.” said Lisa Trump.

But, with a terrifying twist. “So, I decided to go ahead and ask him further. ‘Do you remember how you died?’ He looked right at me and said, ‘Yea it was fire.’ And at that point he made like a motion like his hand he was jumping off a building.” said Erika Ruehlman.

A tall building in a big city where Luke said, he walked a lot and took the train.

“Are you sure it was Chicago?” asked Erika Ruehlman. “Yes, I remember it was Chicago, it was Chicago.”

“The child who has no clue where Chicago even is.” said Lisa Trump.

She plugged the information into the internet. Erika Ruehlman says, “And that`s when I came across the Paxton hotel”

The Paxton Hotel, a residential building in a predominantly African American Chicago neighborhood.

“Luke what color was Pam`s skin.” asked Erika Ruehlman. “He looked up at me like duh – black.”

In march 1993 a massive fire raced through the property, trapping most residents in the upper floors. 19 died, including a woman in her 30’s named Pamela Robinson.

“Pam had jumped out of a window to her death.” said Erika Ruehlman. “I was really weirded out by this point”

It was about to get stranger. While working with the documentary show: “Ghost Inside My Child” on the Lifetime Movie Network.

Luke’s parents decided to put the 5-year-old to the test.

“I had found a picture of Pam we had put it on a piece of paper with a lot of fake pictures.” said Erika Ruehlman “I didn`t think he`d pick the right one.”

But, then with the camera`s rolling.”He goes, ‘Well, I don`t recognize anybody. But, I remember when this one was taken. He pointed to the correct one.” said Erika Ruehlman.

“It took me a couple days to wrap my head around it. I couldn`t sleep. I thought about it constantly” said Lisa Trump.

Shocked is an understatement, Erika says the family really grappled with the revelation and then began wondering about Pam’s relatives. We reached out to Pam’s daughter but she didn`t respond to our requests. However, she did speak with Erika. She says they discovered even more similarities.

“I know Pam was a big Stevie wonder fan. Luke really likes that music.” said Erika Ruehlman.

Just as Erika was becoming connected to Pam`s memory, Luke let her go.

“It was like he got it out. He was finished and had nothing more to say about it.” said Erika Ruehlman.

But, the family continues to share their journey with anyone who will listen. Not, seeking fame or fortune.

“We didn`t receive any money for the show.” said Lisa Trump.

But, because they believe Luke`s message needs to be told.

“It`s a positive one. It is one of unification it is one of love.” said Erika Ruehlman.

“I think it tells us we shouldn`t define the soul by race or gender.” said Lisa Trump.

FBD
02-19-2015, 01:39 PM
you dont come back to re-live past lives, she ultimately did him a disservice by focusing on it so much and going through just about creepy levels of stuff with it....contacting past relatives? christ lady... if your kid is a smart one, I feel bad for him having you as his mother because he'll be pissed at all the asinine decisions you made when he was growing up :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-19-2015, 01:43 PM
I don't believe in reincarnation/past life stuff, but this story is pretty creepy

FBD
02-19-2015, 02:01 PM
that's the wonderful thing about reality, it doesnt require belief for it to continue existing. but then again depending on what the reality is, that could be a good thing or a bad thing, as we find out every day.

to not believe in reincarnation necessarily means you believe your soul winks into existence upon conception, or, the ~3 month range where the part of the brain and body's energy network are sufficiently built to support a soul's immersion into it....

energy from nothing? you do realize that violates the laws of energy, right?

or in which case, "the energy"...is "recycled energy"....and....uh....hmmm....what does that point at.

but of course, we're all free to believe as we see fit :)

Hal-9000
02-19-2015, 04:35 PM
I don't believe in reincarnation/past life stuff, but this story is pretty creepy

I have reservations...but also things have happened to me (being in a place for the first time and knowing too much about it...knowing things about strangers etc?

agreed, this one is creepy just based on a two year old knowing things that he couldn't have experienced.

Hal-9000
02-19-2015, 04:42 PM
The stories I hate are the - I was King of the Pharaohs or I was Queen of England in 1892.....how about - I was a slave that worked on the pyramids and died or I was just a dude who collected garbage in 1521 :lol:

FBD
02-19-2015, 04:44 PM
:lol: yeah I had someone tell me they saw pythagoras in a previous lifetime of mine and I just chuckled at em and shook my head :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
02-19-2015, 04:46 PM
Go big or go home :hand:

:lol:

FBD
02-19-2015, 04:53 PM
:lol: right? my energy centers arent all fully open yet, I cant tell definitively if someone can see shit like that or not, I was probably shoe shine jimmy that got spit on too :lol: I had to have been imprisoned and hanged before though, because I cant stand watches, jewelry, or anything touching my neck, and my immersive view on authoritative figures from a young age was that of existing merely to hold you back :dance: and basically to get to that point to definitively see, you dont have to ask anyone else anyway :lol: that's why most who has true talents cultivated....they just keep em niiiice and quiet...