PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed 'Chocoholic' Says She's Too 'Too Fat' To Get A Job

Teh One Who Knocks
02-24-2015, 12:26 PM
By Sean Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/d7PHAFF.jpg

A 308-pound woman said she is unable to get a paid job because she is “too fat” to work.

Kirsty Kennedy said she’s been collecting benefits from the government for seven years and has never had a full-time job. Kennedy, who admitted to sometimes hiding chocolate under her bed for late-night binges, currently lives with her unemployed, overweight parents. She maintained that she has attempted to get a job in the past but is always rejected — something she believes is because of her weight.

“I’ve applied for Poundland. I think Iceland are getting fed up 
with me asking all the time but I am just getting to the point I’ll just take anything,” Kennedy, who does volunteer work delivering food to the elderly, said. “I think people just look at me 
and think, ‘Oh, she’s too heavy and 
we cannot take her.’ I am willing to get a job. I am trying to tell people I am here and give me a chance.”

Kennedy also believes that employers are turned off by her mild learning disability, which she was diagnosed with at age 18.

“When I go into a shop with my CV, 
I just get a feeling that people look 
at me and will put it straight in the 
bin. And then when I mention the 
disability, I think they won’t give me the job. But it’s about what a person can bring to a job,” she said. “I think they just look at me and think, ‘She’s a fat lass’. I think people need to learn not to judge a book by its cover."

According to Kennedy, a thyroid problem has contributed greatly to her weight issues.

“I’m on medication because of my thyroid so I have to work twice 
as hard as someone else to start seeing the results in my weight loss,” she said. “But even if I lose a pound or two, the doctor does encourage me. It’s 
going slowly but it is going in the right direction. I have good days and bad days — too many packets of crisps and too much chocolate.”

Kennedy’s mother, Rosie, said she and her husband have been receiving benefits from the government as well — though they don’t consider themselves to be scroungers.

“You see big 
women working in supermarkets. I have been big for a long time. I worked in fields and factories 
and I did that for 14 years,” she said. “I’m just fat. I won’t lie. I eat all the wrong things. I don’t eat big meals but I do eat the 
wrong things. I did manage to lose three stones. But I buy veg and then it doesn’t get 
used and it’s a waste of money.

“I know I could get up and go out 
there for a walk. But I can’t be bothered. It’s laziness,” Rosie added. “But we're are not scroungers. If we don’t have a penny we go without.”

FBD
02-24-2015, 12:35 PM
just because you wont put things on credit what your gubmint bennies wont pay doesnt mean you're not a pos scrounger.

'fat' doesnt work as an excuse until you're too fat to get out of bed, honey. double your weight and then we'll talk about you being too fat to work.

Pony
02-24-2015, 12:58 PM
Every BS excuse I've ever heard all in one article!

Yea, you're thyroid problem is making you hide chocolate under the bed.

deebakes
02-24-2015, 02:09 PM
she must be british :shrug:

perrhaps
02-24-2015, 03:46 PM
Bet her boyfriend is named Tyrone.

Muddy
02-24-2015, 03:47 PM
Bet her boyfriend is named Tyrone.

Yes! Take that RED! :lol:

redred
02-24-2015, 04:12 PM
:klan: :lol:

redred
02-24-2015, 04:16 PM
she lives with her parents so probably doesn't have a boyfriend :lol:

btw look what great role models her parents must be around food
http://i.imgur.com/w3VnFyT.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2965375/Benefits-woman-weighs-nearly-23st-says-employers-won-t-job-s-fat.html

Hal-9000
02-24-2015, 04:25 PM
grrrrrrrr...

PorkChopSandwiches
02-24-2015, 04:49 PM
:wank:

Muddy
02-24-2015, 05:08 PM
:hand: I win the internet.

redred
02-24-2015, 06:04 PM
how :lol:

FBD
02-24-2015, 06:47 PM
well, he's not 300 pounds and trying to declare he cant work because of it, that's winning right there :tup:

:lol:

redred
02-24-2015, 06:49 PM
:lol: