PDA

View Full Version : Plane passengers stuck on plane for more than 9 hours in travel nightmare

Teh One Who Knocks
03-02-2015, 11:41 AM
FOX News

http://i.imgur.com/XhNsnVD.jpg

A Texas to Oklahoma flight that was supposed to last one hour turned into a nearly 10-hour nightmare Friday as some passengers sat inside the plane on the tarmac.

American Airlines flight 382 was scheduled to take off at 2:30 p.m. Friday from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport and head to Oklahoma City's Will Rogers World Airport, but the plane was delayed due to snowy weather.

American Airlines Spokesman Matt Miller said the plane returned to the terminal and passengers were allowed to exit, remaining in the gate area. But some passengers chose to stay onboard.

"We apologize for the frustrating experience," Miller said. He added that the period of time that the jet was delayed on the tarmac waiting did not exceed three hours, according to The Associated Press.

Around 10 p.m. local time, passengers still found themselves waiting for the plane to be cleared for takeoff, KOKH reports.

The flight crew tried to keep passengers comfortable, but tensions became “high,” according to Brandon Sullivan, who was on the plane.

“Every time they would say 15 more minutes, people would start laughing,” Sullivan said. “Everybody really wanted to go home.”

The flight eventually took off and landed in Oklahoma City around 11:30 p.m., where passengers quickly gathered their bags to head home.

Griffin
03-02-2015, 11:56 AM
It's only a three hour drive.

This must have been the flight crew.

http://img2.tvtome.com/i/tvp/gl/599.jpg

Teh One Who Knocks
03-02-2015, 01:28 PM
I thought they passed laws to prevent this from happening anymore?

DemonGeminiX
03-02-2015, 01:36 PM
It's only a three hour drive.

To be fair, if the weather's bad enough to delay a flight, then you probably don't want to drive in it either.

And here's a stupid question: Could a person rent a car three hours away from their home solely for the purpose of driving home?

:-k

deebakes
03-02-2015, 01:42 PM
I thought they passed laws to prevent this from happening anymore?

it looks like they allowed some to exit, these people chose to stay on board? :idk:

FBD
03-02-2015, 01:45 PM
^^^ yeah let me stay on the plane :facepalm: x20

those idiots deserved it :haha:

DemonGeminiX
03-02-2015, 01:47 PM
And here's a stupid question: Could a person rent a car three hours away from their home solely for the purpose of driving home?

:-k

:-s

Apparently, one could.

Hal-9000
03-02-2015, 06:13 PM
that's nothing...old supervisor flew to Heathrow one Xmas eve and they were delayed all night (weather in Britain)...he said it was 26 hours from the time he stepped on the plane here, until the time they offered car rides from Heathrow to nearby hotels at 4am Xmas morning. They eventually got to Newcastle Christmas night after dinner :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-02-2015, 06:18 PM
it looks like they allowed some to exit, these people chose to stay on board? :idk:

Yeah, hardly a NIGHTMARE

Hal-9000
03-02-2015, 06:22 PM
just use the HE'S GOT A BOMB! ploy....they'll let you out quick