PDA

View Full Version : Noel Gallagher Is Pretty Sure No One Besides Taylor Swift's Parents Thinks She's Talented

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2015, 06:51 PM
By Allison Takeda - Us Weekly

http://i.imgur.com/juP3JVf.jpg

Why you gotta be so mean? Taylor Swift has millions of admirers, but Noel Gallagher is not one of them — and he refuses to believe that anyone besides her parents actually thinks she's talented. (Guess he hasn't seen the numbers for her latest album, 1989, which sold 1.287 million copies in its first week in the U.S.)

Speaking with Rolling Stone's Simon Vozick-Levinson in an interview for the magazine's March 12 issue, the Oasis co-leader made it very clear that he's not a fan of Swift, or of pop music in general.

"It's fucking awful," the notoriously prickly Brit said. "Modern pop music is bland nonsense. There isn't even a word yet that's capable of describing it. If it was a color, it would be beige, like a milky brown. Not for me."

Vozick-Levinson then asked about the "Style" hitmaker, 25, saying, "What about Taylor Swift? She's a pop star, but many people praise her talent as a songwriter."

"Who says that? Her parents?" Gallagher scoffed, laughing.

Told that "lots of people" have commended the star's knack for infectious tunes, the "In the Heat of the Moment" rocker replied, "Name these people. That's bullshit. You're fucking lying. She seems like a nice girl, but no one has ever said those words, and you know it."

(In fact, none other than Madonna recently complimented Swift's talent, telling Australia's Today, "I think she writes some really catchy pop songs. I can't get them out of my head.")

Gallagher was slightly nicer about fellow Brits One Direction, but still took issue with their music.

"I know Harry Styles," he told Rolling Stone. "We've hung out a couple of times. They're lovely lads. But I've got to say, I have difficulties with people who don't write their own songs, who've got a team of songwriters who work for your record label."

Vozick-Levinson then noted that the members of One Direction actually co-write a lot of their songs. He also pointed out that many acclaimed artists in the past, including some "great Motown artists," also worked with teams of songwriters.

"If you're trying to insinuate that what's going on now is akin to what was going on at Motown — what, were you out late eating magic mushrooms?" Gallagher replied. "Not equivalent. Not in the slightest."

redred
03-04-2015, 07:09 PM
i think the oasis back catalogue maybe about longer than hers :lol:

Hal-9000
03-04-2015, 07:10 PM
I like some Oasis stuff...right up to the point where they claimed they were better than the Beatles and would be bigger :rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2015, 07:10 PM
He should look in the mirror, Oasis was HORRIBLY overrated

PorkChopSandwiches
03-04-2015, 07:13 PM
I would rather listen to them then Swift

Hal-9000
03-04-2015, 07:15 PM
He should look in the mirror, Oasis was HORRIBLY overrated

and this coming from a guy who can't get along with his brother and mates long enough to have the best job in the world :lol:

I need to find a quote...brb

Hal-9000
03-04-2015, 07:16 PM
I would rather listen to them then Swift

Yep me too...and I take my shots at stars for being performers rather than artists...but hey, she writes her own stuff and works the concerts under her own terms, can't fault that

Hal-9000
03-04-2015, 07:20 PM
can't find the quote but I think it was Gord Downie when the Tragically Hip were selling out every venue in Canada..

paraphrasing of course, but this was the gist - I can come out on stage and moan for the first 30 minutes and people will go crazy..applause, accolades, cheers...and that really feeds my ego. But it does nothing to inspire me to be a better song writer and I hate that part of it the most.

Hal-9000
03-04-2015, 07:23 PM
Oasis and other bands that achieved world fame had to realize at one point that they have the best job in the world...sure, writing and performing is not easy...but when compared to a person that gets up every day at 6am, throws rocks into a wheelbarrow and moves them for the next 8 hours...and gets paid 15/hr to do it Monday to Friday...you'd think little Noel and Liam could put aside their differences and realize/appreciate the method that makes them money

Hal-9000
03-04-2015, 07:32 PM
pouty looking fuck, isn't he? :lol:

okay, I'm done with ripping on Oasis :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-04-2015, 07:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oyqUBKS.png

From Urban Dictionary :lol:

Hal-9000
03-04-2015, 07:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy1ueZf1WMQ

Goofy
03-04-2015, 07:42 PM
"It's fucking awful," the notoriously prickly Brit said. "Modern pop music is bland nonsense. There isn't even a word yet that's capable of describing it. If it was a color, it would be beige, like a milky brown. Not for me."

:agreed:

DemonGeminiX
03-04-2015, 07:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/oyqUBKS.png

From Urban Dictionary :lol:

I don't think those people really know anything about Radiohead. :-k

Goofy
03-04-2015, 07:54 PM
I don't think those people really know anything about Radiohead. :-k

The Bends is a great album, Pablo Honey and Paranoid Android are ok........ most of their other stuff is just weird :lol:

DemonGeminiX
03-04-2015, 08:31 PM
The Bends is a great album, Pablo Honey and Paranoid Android are ok........ most of their other stuff is just weird :lol:

True story: I have Pablo Honey, and have had it since early '94, but I've never got around to listening to it. I knew how to play Creep forwards and backwards, and played it so much in the 90s era bands that I was in that I got completely sick of it, so I never threw the disc into my cd player and never happened upon it playing anywhere else. I only became a Radiohead fan when The Bends came out, and I have every other cd and have listened to them all... except Pablo Honey.

I think I finally took the shrink wrap off of the cd several years ago. Why, I don't know... I still haven't listened to it.

Goofy
03-04-2015, 08:57 PM
True story: I have Pablo Honey, and have had it since early '94, but I've never got around to listening to it. I knew how to play Creep forwards and backwards, and played it so much in the 90s era bands that I was in that I got completely sick of it, so I never threw the disc into my cd player and never happened upon it playing anywhere else. I only became a Radiohead fan when The Bends came out, and I have every other cd and have listened to them all... except Pablo Honey.

I think I finally took the shrink wrap off of the cd several years ago. Why, I don't know... I still haven't listened to it.

Get it listened to ffs :lol:

Muddy
03-04-2015, 09:39 PM
Oasis is a joke.

Noilly Pratt
03-04-2015, 10:46 PM
I liked them back in the day, and when they came to Vancouver I saw them in concert...maybe 20 or so years ago -- for about 15 minutes! The kiddies in the front row were throwing shoes onto the stage for some strange reason.

They warned them they'd stop playing if it continued...it did, Liam said "We're not fookin' monkays!" which made everyone laugh with his Manchester accent, and off they stormed. The audience started chanting "We want Blur!" and slowly dispersed :)

I kind of went off the group after that, when they seemed to be all about the bragging, and all the "best fookin' band" nonsense. It was just before they fired their original members and just Liam and Noel were the stars of the show.

It was funny, we were in the cheap seats (with lots of seats empty) watching from the nosebleed section at stage right. A security guard came up to us right when all the fracas was going on and said "if this gets ugly, follow me". My friend quipped to him "Those kiddies throwing shoes wouldn't know a riot if it came up and bit them on the a**." He was hardened by seeing Punk bands back in the day - definitely the guy you want with you if all hell breaks loose. :D

Even Ringo didn't really like his son, Zak playing with them, from what I've heard.

deebakes
03-05-2015, 01:42 AM

exact same story for me and oasis: what's the story morning glory? :lol:

Hal-9000
03-05-2015, 03:34 AM
I liked them back in the day, and when they came to Vancouver I saw them in concert...maybe 20 or so years ago -- for about 15 minutes! The kiddies in the front row were throwing shoes onto the stage for some strange reason.

They warned them they'd stop playing if it continued...it did, Liam said "We're not fookin' monkays!" which made everyone laugh with his Manchester accent, and off they stormed. The audience started chanting "We want Blur!" and slowly dispersed :)

I kind of went off the group after that, when they seemed to be all about the bragging, and all the "best fookin' band" nonsense. It was just before they fired their original members and just Liam and Noel were the stars of the show.

It was funny, we were in the cheap seats (with lots of seats empty) watching from the nosebleed section at stage right. A security guard came up to us right when all the fracas was going on and said "if this gets ugly, follow me". My friend quipped to him "Those kiddies throwing shoes wouldn't know a riot if it came up and bit them on the a**." He was hardened by seeing Punk bands back in the day - definitely the guy you want with you if all hell breaks loose. :D

Even Ringo didn't really like his son, Zak playing with them, from what I've heard.

:lol: :lol:

Pony
03-05-2015, 12:32 PM
Oasis is a joke.

I don't get it.

redred
03-05-2015, 12:45 PM
i will say taylor swift is better to look at :lol: