PDA

View Full Version : The 100 (spoilers be here)

Teh One Who Knocks
03-06-2015, 02:30 PM
One thing I'm having trouble with is the geography of the show. They've given some obvious locations and/or landmarks, but nothing makes sense. The grounder village of tonDC is obviously Washington DC as we saw a sign and one of the monuments (the Lincoln Memorial I believe it was). So, we know this is supposed to be right on the east coast of the United States. However, there are no mountains anything like Mount Weather near DC and where the heck did all that jungle and the desert/dead zone come from? :confused:

I realize that there was a nuclear war almost 100 years ago, but that seems like the lay of the land has changed way too much.

Hal-9000
03-06-2015, 04:29 PM
It was the Lincoln Memorial because I remember thinking - that's cool, live action Lincoln was standing right there.

And for the desert area it has to be a result of the nuclear bombing. Otherwise they've walked from Washington to the Nevada desert :-k

Teh One Who Knocks
03-06-2015, 04:45 PM
That would be my assumption as well, but that doesn't explain the jungle-ish area we saw in season 1 at the very beginning and where the hell Mount Weather came from :-k

Hal-9000
03-06-2015, 04:56 PM
I almost turned it off/stopped watching in that episode.

They knew Earth had been nuked and the whole premise was - Would the 100 survive on the post-nuclear surface.

Then they see a monster snake, two headed deer, glow in the dark plants and that weird acid fog... and their response is to - drink the water, swim in the water and eat everything in sight :lol:

Hal-9000
03-06-2015, 04:59 PM
oh Mt Weather probably came from Colorado. That's where all weird, sneaky shit happens. They have giant bunkers, post apocalyptic tunnels and usually a freaky monster or two.

I think it's a TV rule :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-06-2015, 05:03 PM
oh Mt Weather probably came from Colorado. That's where all weird, sneaky shit happens. They have giant bunkers, post apocalyptic tunnels and usually a freaky monster or two.

I think it's a TV rule :thumbsup:

Colorado isn't within walking distance of Washington DC :slap:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-06-2015, 05:04 PM
I almost turned it off/stopped watching in that episode.

They knew Earth had been nuked and the whole premise was - Would the 100 survive on the post-nuclear surface.

Then they see a monster snake, two headed deer, glow in the dark plants and that weird acid fog... and their response is to - drink the water, swim in the water and eat everything in sight :lol:

I wasn't going to give up on that quick (I actually do like the show and think it got better as it went) but the jungle crap was definitely dumb :lol:

Notice there hasn't been any jungle since

Hal-9000
03-06-2015, 05:16 PM
Colorado isn't within walking distance of Washington DC :slap:

The mountain moves [-(

Teh One Who Knocks
03-06-2015, 05:19 PM
The mountain moves [-(

:slap:

Hal-9000
03-06-2015, 05:20 PM
I wasn't going to give up on that quick (I actually do like the show and think it got better as it went) but the jungle crap was definitely dumb :lol:

Notice there hasn't been any jungle since

My critique is that it started as a kids-centric show. The dialogue was cringe worthy in the first few episodes...

I liked the overall premise and people like Clarke became bad asses so IMO it redeemed itself quickly.

My latest complaint is that I think they shot their wad too early. A lot of neat ideas with the reavers, grounders, mountain men, various groups coming down from the Ark. What next?

All of the above plotlines and people could have been introduced with more mystery and at a slower pace without the show suffering.