PDA

View Full Version : Horfield man jailed after he told victim to bend over while he "inserted a baseball bat into him"

redred
03-07-2015, 09:28 AM
http://i.imgur.com/fsYfs9Q.jpg

It all started when a semi-naked bruised and bleeding man ran into Southmead Hospital.

It ended with Sheldon Wride being jailed for 40 months for an horrific torture of the man which a judge said "beggars belief".

The bizarre, drink and drug-fuelled events occurred in Wride's flat in Butterfield Road, Horfield, on July 18 last year.

Bristol Crown Court heard the torture comprised of Wride:

* kicking and punching his victim

* urinating on him

* smearing gel and spraying aerosol on his naked body

* threatening to castrate him with knives

* inserting a baseball bat into him

In the degrading sustained assault Wride even used the man as a human target and fired nuts at him from a catapult.

Wride, 26, was originally charged with sexual assault but pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm and actual bodily harm.

Judge Martin Picton told him: "You engaged in an exercise if torture and humiliation. Your victim was utterly terrified and degraded.

"He was caused extreme physical and emotional pain. He had done nothing to provoke your senseless and cruel behaviour.

"That you could treat someone who prior to this night would be classed as your friend in this appalling fashion, frankly, beggars belief."

Fiona Elder, prosecuting, said Wride and the man both consumed drink and cocaine before Wride "switched" and accused the man of naming him to police regarding drugs.

The man denied doing so, the court heard, but Wride punched him to the face and ribs, kicked him in the stomach and said he was going to perform a sexual act on him.

Miss Elder said: "(The victim) was made to take off his clothes and go on all fours, where he remained.

"He had gel put in his body and at one point Mr Wride stood over him and urinated over him.

"He had aerosol cans sprayed on him.

"He was threatened that a bicycle pump would be placed in his anus, which didn't happen.

"He was threatened with knives and told he would be cut up. Mr Wride threatened to cut off his genitals."

The victim was told to sit on a chair before Wride smashed a cupful of nuts over his head, the court heard.

It was then that, under threat of being stabbed, he was told to bend over and Wride inserted the baseball bat into him.

Miss Elder said: "It was extremely painful. He screamed, he was bleeding and shaking, He curled up into a ball.

"Mr Wride found it funny and was laughing.

"He begged him to stop and Mr Wride said he would stop if he was paid £20,000 a week."

Wride then placed his victim in the corner of the room, picked up a catapult and fired nuts at his back.

Eventually the victim seized a moment and jumped naked from a window, some six feet off the ground, before putting on some boxer shorts and running to Southmead Hospital, where he described what happened and said he was suffering "nine out of ten" pain.

He was found to have a tender left rib, bruising around his eye, right temple and cheek, a ruptured ear drum, six circular bruises to his back and bleeding.

Wride, of previous good character, gave police a prepared statement saying he has been in his bedroom and the next thing he knew police turned up and arrested him.

Raymond Tully, defending, said: "A truly awful case. Grotesque, nasty, vicious, bizarre, staggering. It beggars belief. Its Tarantinoesque.

"There's a feeling there are loose ends as to why it happened.

"What possessed him to go so significantly off the rails during the course of that day?"

Mr Tully said he understood the trauma caused to the victim, and so did his client.

He said: "What he did that day was truly awful. It is not a particularly satisfactory explanation to lay before the court."

Mr Tully said bottled up feelings may have spilled out in the drug-fuelled incident, at a time when Wride may have "descended in to chaos".

Even Wride's supportive family were at a loss to understand what lay behind the attack, Mr Tully said.

The judge banned Wride from making any contact with his victim, including by social media, and ordered him to be deprived of knives and other items used in the course of the attack.

A breach of the indefinite restraining order could attract prison of up to five years.

He told him: "You should regard yourself as remarkably fortunate to being dealt with for the charges the prosecution have chosen to accept.

"Whilst other charges that could have be pursued would have resulted in a sentence at least double that which I can pass, that does not lead me to inflate the sentence that I do impose beyond that which the relevant maximum penalty and application of the guideline merits."

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Horfield-man-jailed-told-victim-bend-inserted/story-26130555-detail/story.html#ixzz3TgsDgG8r

redred
03-07-2015, 09:29 AM
really don't know whats happening to my city :sad2:

Goofy
03-07-2015, 10:33 AM
really don't know whats happening to my city :sad2:

Maybe Bristol's starting their own baseball team :-k

redred
03-07-2015, 01:06 PM
I not sure these people know how to play

deebakes
03-07-2015, 02:45 PM
:wtf2:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-07-2015, 03:50 PM
#SaturdayNight

Hal-9000
03-07-2015, 09:45 PM
The judge banned Wride from making any contact with his victim, including by social media, and ordered him to be deprived of knives and other items used in the course of the attack.

:-k One would think that there are already restrictions in place after the trial??