PDA

View Full Version : Three senators to introduce historic bill to federally legalize medical marijuana

Teh One Who Knocks
03-11-2015, 11:07 AM
By Kelly Cohen - Washington Examiner

http://i.imgur.com/g0n95DM.jpg

Sens. Cory Booker, Rand Paul and Kirsten Gillbrand are joining forces to legalize medicinal marijuana.

Booker and Gillibrand, Democrats from New Jersey and New York, respectively, will join Paul — a Kentucky Republican — on Tuesday afternoon to unveil the first-ever bill put forth in the Senate to end a federal prohibition of medical marijuana.

The bill would also allow patients, doctors and business in the 23 states plus Washington, D.C. that legalize and regulate medicinal marijuana to do so without breaking federal law.

The three Senators will announce the bipartisan legislation in a Senate press conference Tuesday at 12:30 p.m. The Drug Policy Alliance, which revealed the news of the bill Monday afternoon, will have a subsequent teleconference at 3 p.m Tuesday.

FBD
03-11-2015, 11:46 AM
:shrug: the federal law is against the bill of rights and therefore null and void to begin with, so fuck off already government

PorkChopSandwiches
03-11-2015, 01:31 PM
They should get rid of the laws all together since they have no business being involved

FBD
03-11-2015, 01:40 PM
The authority is the States' on this matter. The federal government has no authority to grant itself powers not specified in the bill of rights, so things like the "federal illegality" of weed is simply a non issue, because it has no support of real, actual law behind it.

Regardless of how the police and judges act, as if this power is real, its treated as real, and everyone follows along as if its real.

Its as real as that fiat in your wallet, someday its going to be null and void

PorkChopSandwiches
03-11-2015, 03:48 PM
Exactly

RBP
03-11-2015, 05:14 PM
Its not null and void when the Supreme Court already ruled they have the constitutional authority.

FBD
03-11-2015, 05:36 PM
:roll: it IS null and void, because it explicitly refutes the constitution, I dont care what calls the SCOTUS justices received that told them to vote a certain way otherwise the public will discover certain unsavory things about them.

Citizens United? Same thing.

Obamacare? Same thing.

So get that happy fuckin fantasy out of your head that SCOTUS decides things on the grounds of their "constitutionality"

they decide things on the MONEY and what the phone calls tell them, if you're telling yourself any differently, you're duping yourself pretty hard.

RBP
03-11-2015, 07:08 PM
Moot point. It's null and void in constitutional theory, not in reality where people go to prison based on SCOTUS decisions.

FBD
03-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Moot point. It's null and void in constitutional reality, not in present-day "United States of America" where people go to prison based on what the plutocracy dictates we can do, the constitution be damned, because its overridden every time the constitution becomes inconvenient for the plutocracy.

ftfy,

but the point is not moot, because we as citizenry will eventually take back the nation - but not before relatively complete collapse, death of the dollar as well as a million or six of citizens.

I hope you're not in chicago when its time.

RBP
03-11-2015, 10:46 PM
In the meantime, I would think you'd support a legislative effort to minimize what you see as an illegitimate position by the federal government.

Goofy
03-11-2015, 11:00 PM
In the meantime, I would think you'd support a legislative effort to minimize what you see as an illegitimate position by the federal government.

Wouldn't that make his brain explode? :shock:

deebakes
03-11-2015, 11:54 PM
:bong:

FBD
03-12-2015, 08:39 PM

:shrug: the government's position on so many things exceeds its authority, where to start?

I say we start with taking down the government for starters :tup: