PDA

View Full Version : Wrestler John Cena Admits WWE Is For Kids, Wouldn't Watch It

Teh One Who Knocks
03-13-2015, 10:53 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/9rBs7XJ.png

WWE wrestling superstar John Cena recently conceded that WWE matches are aimed at children ages 6 to 10 and not something he would watch.

Cena was promoting an animated film, "The Flintstones and WWE: Stone Age Smackdown," when he made the comments to USA Today.

Cena admitted that he was edgy when he joined the WWE in 2002 as the Doctor of Thuganomics (video below), but began to notice there were more kids in the crowd.

"I looked around and saw who was sitting in the audience and said, 'You know what, I proactively need to change,'" Cena told USA Today. "And it was for the greater good."

These days, Cena plays a good guy (video below) who promotes positive values and has fulfilled children's requests via the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

According Fansided.com, adult fans don't like the family-oriented WWE these days, which Cena acknowledged: "I don't necessarily spend my time watching programs that 6- to 10-year-old kids enjoy, so I get the need for different racy comedy and story lines. But at the same time I don't want to offend anyone in our audience, so I do what I do to the best of my ability, and I actually really enjoy being able to be a real-life superhero and an aspirational character both in live entertainment and animation films like Flintstones."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApZSHScS3ZA

Goofy
03-13-2015, 11:10 AM
:yawn: Yeah, its pretty much shite nowadays....... need to bring back the attitude era!

DemonGeminiX
03-13-2015, 11:36 AM
The Doctor of Thuganomics. :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-13-2015, 01:18 PM
I think I was probably 10 when I stopped watching it. Had a couple friends who watched as adults. But I think they ate paint chips while watching as children,so there's that

Goofy
03-13-2015, 02:32 PM
But I think they ate paint chips while watching as children,so there's that

:lol:

Hal-9000
03-13-2015, 03:37 PM
my brother in law still thinks the 'title matches' are real.....and this is a guy who has 3 belts and teaches martial arts to children :roll:

I grew up with the Hart family and knew Owen in school. We found out about the scripting and good guy/bad guy scenarios early in life.

For instance - if you do injure someone in a match on purpose, you get a really bad reputation real fast with the other wrestlers and soon no one will wrestle you..

deebakes
03-14-2015, 02:50 AM
where is the captain obvious smilie :-k