PDA

View Full Version : 14 boys accused of sex crimes at Venice High; police find photos of sex acts

RBP
03-13-2015, 11:03 PM
Venice High School on Friday was reeling from allegations that 14 high school students took part in a series of sex crimes dating back more than a year involving two female students.

Los Angeles police arrested nine teenage boys and were attempting to locate five others after a parent of one of the girls came forward to report the allegations several days ago.

As detectives investigated, they discovered photographs showing sex acts among students, according to one law enforcement source. At least one photo that appears to show two teenagers engaged in a sex act has been circulated on social media.

Law enforcement officials stressed the investigation is still in its early stage and that police made the arrests quickly in an effort to prevent any more incidents.

“We didn’t want to leave the suspects out there to potentially victimize other girls at the school,” Los Angeles police Cmdr. Andrew Smith said. “The last thing we wanted was to have another victim.”

Complicating the case is the fact of the allegations involve both consensual sexual acts between minors and coerced acts, Smith said.

The alleged crimes include sexual assault and lewd acts with a minor. Although they date back to 2013, Smith said, most incidents occurred in the last two months -- and as recently as this month.

Authorities provided few details about the allegations and declined to identify the boys who were arrested because they are minors, all between the ages of 14 and 17. Sources in law enforcement and the school district said some of the boys are members of the high school’s football program.

A source in the school district said the accusations involved a group of male students working together to pressure girls into having sex. The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the boys were accused of making verbal threats and threatening the reputations of the girls.

On Tuesday, school district officials called Los Angeles police to report that they had identified a possible sexual assault victim. Detectives then launched an investigation and identified the two victims.

LAUSD Supt. Ramon Cortines said the students’ parents had been notified and crisis counselors were on campus to assist any other students.

“This is a painful moment for Venice High School and this district,” he said. “I want you to know that no sexual misconduct of any kind by students or staff will ever be tolerated in L.A. Unified.”

Police officials also said that attacks involving students were not tolerated.

"Student safety is paramount and safety is our No. 1 concern,” said Los Angeles School Police Chief Steven Zipperman.

Police believe only two victims were involved but urged any other students who were attacked to come forward.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-venice-high-school-arrests-20150313-story.html

RBP
03-13-2015, 11:05 PM
I need to follow this. Consensual acts between minors apparently equals only boys charged with lewd acts with a minor?

PorkChopSandwiches
03-13-2015, 11:06 PM
Teenage boys trying to get laid, the audacity

RBP
03-13-2015, 11:07 PM
"They were able to identify 14 subjects that we believe are responsible for these sexual assaults and unlawful sex acts," said LAPD Cmdr. Andy Smith during a news conference.

Unlawful sex acts... by underage boys, boning underage girls.

RBP
03-13-2015, 11:09 PM
And mom is the one who brought it up. Not the girls.

I hate to be skeptical, but maybe the high school blowjob queens got caught by mom? Every class has them...

RBP
03-13-2015, 11:10 PM
Teenage boys trying to get laid, the audacity

Go down there and protest.

I'll make you a "Stop Slut Shaming" protest sign.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-13-2015, 11:18 PM
:hand: I just need to take my shirt off. It's tattooed on my back

RBP
03-13-2015, 11:19 PM
:lol:

redred
03-13-2015, 11:32 PM
Unlawful sex acts... by underage boys, boning underage girls.

did we not all try this ?

redred
03-13-2015, 11:59 PM
in which case has social media and smartphones changed our outlook of this?

Hal-9000
03-14-2015, 04:09 PM
I was 16 when I lost my virginity and so was the girl...age of consent is 18 in our country so we broke about 7 laws that day :woot:

RBP
03-14-2015, 04:12 PM
I was 16 when I lost my virginity and so was the girl...age of consent is 18 in our country so we broke about 7 laws that day :woot:

It was 14 in Canada until a few years ago and it's 16 now.

Are you even from Canada? :lol:

Hal-9000
03-14-2015, 04:13 PM
8-[

I'm from the Constitution state, piss off you'll blow my cover :lol:

Hal-9000
03-14-2015, 04:14 PM
sexual consent age was 14 all this time??????

gawd parents can be pricks

:x :x :x

RBP
03-14-2015, 04:17 PM
:lol:

Hal-9000
03-14-2015, 04:19 PM
:-k

although that one Boy Scout leader did say the age of consent was 9...for people with the firemaking badge

:lol: sorry