PDA

View Full Version : Horrified grandmother bit into her sausage and egg McMuffin to find a metal screw and when she told staff they simply offered to make her a new one

Teh One Who Knocks
03-23-2015, 11:15 AM
By Lydia Willgress for MailOnline

http://i.imgur.com/AG2gk9X.jpg

A grandmother who discovered a metal screw in her £3.39 McDonald's breakfast is 'outraged' after staff did not offer her a refund.

Donna Savigar ordered a sausage and egg McMuffin at a Newcastle-under-Lyme branch of the fast food chain around 9.45am on Friday.

The 45-year-old was three-quarters of the way through her sandwich when she felt metal crunch between her teeth and spat out a screw.

Donna's daughter Dayna Bennett, 20, went to complain about the dangerous nail - but staff said they could only make her a fresh one.

Ms Savigar, who works for a charity, said: 'I could have ended up choking to death - imagine if it had happened to a child.

'A child would start choking and you wouldn't know what to do because you certainly wouldn't be expecting them to have swallowed a screw in the middle of McDonald's.

'I don't see why they don't just pay up. All I was looking for was a refund.'

The mother-of-one, from Halmer End, said she complained to headquarters but couldn't receive a refund until they had done a thorough investigation.

She added: 'They need to train staff to deal with that sort of situation. A manager needs to come over and deal with it.

'We weren't offered a refund and we weren't even told how we could go about complaining to McDonald's about it, we had to Google that for ourselves.

'I had already eaten three-quarters of the burger when I felt something weird in between my teeth.

'Your first instinct is to spit it out, so I did, and I couldn't believe it. It was about an inch big and quite fat.'

http://i.imgur.com/WHBXg1b.jpg

Ms Bennett, who works as a carer and lives in Alsagers Bank, Stoke-on-Trent, said: 'It was absolutely outrageous.

'Imagine if it had been a child who ate it, they could have choked to death.

'We had gone in for a quick breakfast because we were going out shopping for the day. Mum was eating her McMuffin and then started making a funny face and then spat out the nail.

'I took a picture straight away so no one could say we had planted it there and then took the McMuffin back to the counter.

'They just took it away, I don't know what they did with it. Then they just asked if we wanted a fresh one.

'I said no and went back over to my mum. I couldn't believe they hadn't offered us a refund, but we didn't go and ask again because we just wanted to get out of there by that point.

'I've never been to McDonald's before and I won't be going back.'

McDonald's confirmed it is investigating.

A spokesman said: 'We are sorry for Ms Bennett's experience when visiting our restaurant.

'Food safety and quality are our highest priority and both our restaurants and our suppliers place great emphasis on quality control and follow rigorous standards in order to avoid imperfections in our products.

'An investigation is underway following the reporting of this incident and our Customer Service department will be in touch with Ms Bennett to keep her updated.'

The embarrassing incident comes days after another McDonald's diner, April Gilmour, 24, discovering beard trimmings in her breakfast McMuffin, in Kilmarnock.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-23-2015, 11:16 AM
I don't believe any of these stories anymore.

Goofy
03-23-2015, 01:02 PM
I too like a good screw with my dinner :)

PorkChopSandwiches
03-23-2015, 03:55 PM
Judging by her teef, she eats a lot of screws

Hal-9000
03-23-2015, 06:13 PM
'I don't see why they don't just pay up. All I was looking for was a refund.'

If it's legit, that screw could cost McD's a whole lot more...