PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Lawmaker Wants Mandatory Church Attendance in U.S.

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2015, 10:40 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/lTCAY1f.png

Arizona state Sen. Sylvia Allen (R) recently said that she would like to make church attendance mandatory in the U.S.

Allen made the comment during a hearing on Tuesday about a bill that would allow people to carry concealed guns into public buildings.

Allen was upset because some lawmakers opposed the idea; she said the real problem was "the soul."

“Probably, we should be debating a bill requiring every American to attend a church of their choice on Sunday to see if we can get back to having a moral rebirth,” Allen stated, noted The Arizona Republic.

Allen admitted that her idea would not be allowed, but added, "I believe what's happening to our country is that there's a moral erosion of the soul of America."

On Wednesday, Allen told the Arizona Capitol Times that she longed for her childhood days in the 1950s.

“People prayed, people went to church,” Allen stated. "I remember on Sundays the stores were closed. The biggest thing is religion was kicked out of our public places, out of our schools.”

However, religion has not been kicked out of schools. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in the early 1960s that the state could not dictate religion in schools. Students have complete freedom to initiate prayer, read their Bibles and participate in other student-led religious activities.

The 1960s also brought civil rights laws that gave minorities basic human rights, and brought an end to the Jim Crow days of the 1950s and earlier.

deebakes
03-27-2015, 12:56 PM
good luck with that you crazy old bitch :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Sounds like you need some churchin' :nono:

deebakes
03-27-2015, 12:59 PM
i tried it once, it didn't take :shrug:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2015, 01:28 PM
:facepalm:

DemonGeminiX
03-27-2015, 02:44 PM
I don't agree with this woman. However, no offense, but it really does look like there are a lot of people in this country that really need it. Their parents obviously dropped the ball as far as teaching right from wrong and general morals and principles go.

Hal-9000
03-27-2015, 04:58 PM
concealed guns down main street...mandatory church...

ffs how about some darkie lynchin every Saturday night too?? :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2015, 08:43 PM
I don't agree with this woman. However, no offense, but it really does look like there are a lot of people in this country that really need it. Their parents obviously dropped the ball as far as teaching right from wrong and general morals and principles go.

So church is the answer, we wouldnt want to hold any one who should be responsible, responsible

DemonGeminiX
03-27-2015, 08:45 PM
So church is the answer, we wouldnt want to hold any one who should be responsible, responsible

It's worked in the past. And holding people responsible hasn't always gotten the desired results. I mean, if we get somebody like you, we'll be dealing with a guy that'll intentionally teach their kids the wrong things purely out of spite.

:nana:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2015, 08:48 PM
It's worked in the past. And holding people responsible hasn't always gotten the desired results.

Because there aren't any consequences anymore

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2015, 08:50 PM
It's worked in the past. And holding people responsible hasn't always gotten the desired results. I mean, if we get somebody like you, we'll be dealing with a guy that'll intentionally teach their kids the wrong things purely out of spite.

:nana:

I'll have you know I have well adjusted, participating members of society. All that with our supernatural beliefs to scare them straight

DemonGeminiX
03-27-2015, 08:55 PM
I'll have you know I have well adjusted, participating members of society. All that with our supernatural beliefs to scare them straight

And from a guy who posts Gayniggers from Outer Space for shits and giggles.

:lol:

DemonGeminiX
03-27-2015, 08:55 PM

That's very true.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2015, 08:59 PM
And from a guy who posts Gayniggers from Outer Space for shits and giggles.

:lol:

I said my kids, not me . I was raised on religion, so there you have it :lol:

Hal-9000
03-28-2015, 06:15 PM

Yeah we give kids a hug no matter what their actions are and pretty soon they understand that - No matter what I do, the world supports me! I'm golden no matter what! :dance:

It sounds simplistic but the threat of a good whack on the ass does teach right from wrong...

FBD
03-29-2015, 12:53 PM
Its tough speculating about resolving situations when you know there are concerted forces that seek the opposite of what you seek.

American will burn to the ground before this is resolved, and its only going to come back right, out of the ashes where people have to see first hand real true shittyness, and understand that uncle sam is a fkd in the head ol perv that you dont want to let your kids near, he needs to be taken out to the woodshed along with the bankers and businessmen who bought him.

Hal-9000
03-29-2015, 05:44 PM
America (and Canada by association) will go down with a whimper because of a generation or two of idiots that are so entitled...so technically hamstrung...that the shit will start hitting the fan and at one point someone will actually go :-s shitfuck, something bad is happening.....

FBD
03-29-2015, 06:34 PM
at that point nobody will be wondering why all those coffin liners. the books ONLY balance if millions perish, and I am fully convinced this is indeed their intention, by hell or high water it will be done.

Hal-9000
03-29-2015, 07:03 PM
we used to supply business forms to registries and priests....one day this guy in a small parish orders 100,000 death certificates...(typical order would be 100 or so..)

I was elected to call the guy up and confirm his order...it took everything I had NOT to ask - Do you know something that we don't? :-s

it was a data input mistake :lol:

RBP
03-29-2015, 07:59 PM
Rapture will solve that problem.

http://i.imgur.com/aa0dfru.jpg

DemonGeminiX
03-29-2015, 10:49 PM
Rapture will solve that problem.

http://i.imgur.com/aa0dfru.jpg

Ok, I generally don't laugh at religious junk, but this made me laugh. :lol:

Muddy
03-30-2015, 12:41 AM
Mandatory church? WOW. Carl Sagan is rolling over in his grave.