PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Rep. Gordon Klingenschmitt calls attack where baby was cut from woman's womb a 'curse of God'

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2015, 01:01 PM
Phil Tenser - 7 News Denver

http://i.imgur.com/fXUWwdT.jpg

DENVER - A Colorado State Representative with a history of outspoken evangelical views is making waves with a scripture-based argument that attempts to twist a tragic attack to support his religious and political argument for personhood.

Rep. Gordon Klingenschmitt, who's reportedly been disavowed by both political parties, uttered the controversial comments during an episode of his YouTube program published on March 24.

In summary, he calls the Longmont attack where a woman's unborn child was cut from her womb the "curse of God."

The Air Force Academy graduate, PhD and former Navy chaplain from Colorado Springs asserts that the slaughter of an unborn child is God's wrath for Colorado's repeated refusal to approve a "personhood" law or amendment that would confer legal rights to an unborn fetus. If it were ever approved, it could have the effect of rendering abortion illegal and would make causing the death of an unborn fetus murder in the eyes of the law.

After summarizing the Longmont attack, Klingenschmitt stated, "Colorado law is not protecting that baby and Colorado law needs to change."

Then, after quoting the Book of Hosea, he continues, "This is the curse of God upon America for our sin of not protecting innocent children in the womb. And part of that curse for our rebellion against God as a nation is that our pregnant women are ripped open."

The episode containing the remarks has accumulated only about 250 views on YouTube, a small number for the platform but a high performer for Klingenschmitt's account. These particular remarks begin around 17:30 into the clip.

Following our initial publication, the pro-life organization Colorado Citizens for Life sent a statement separating themselves from Klingenschmitt. They wrote, in part, "Representative Klingenschmitt’s statement does not represent the views of millions of pro-life people across Colorado."

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2015, 01:38 PM
You vote for this guy?

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2015, 01:44 PM
He's not in my congressional district :sad2:

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2015, 02:35 PM
But you would have :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
03-27-2015, 02:37 PM
Hell yeah, he speaks the truth :tup:

Muddy
03-27-2015, 02:41 PM
Wow.. I thought god was sposed to love us? Now hes killing unborn children? What kind of god is this? Sounds like a pissed off child to me..

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2015, 02:42 PM
Air Force Academy graduate and a PhD you would think he would be a bit smarter

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2015, 02:43 PM
Wow.. I thought god was sposed to love us? Now hes killing unborn children? What kind of god is this? Sounds like a pissed off child to me..

God is vengeful, its very clear in the Bible, Jesus loves you not god

Muddy
03-27-2015, 02:43 PM
I know some good people that have gotten all fucked up with religion.. To a certain degree they have become irrrational.

Muddy
03-27-2015, 02:44 PM
God is vengeful, its very clear in the Bible, Jesus loves you not god

Very thought provoking point..

DemonGeminiX
03-27-2015, 02:48 PM
The Old Testament God is the God you don't want to meet in a dark alley. The New Testament God is an ok dude.

PorkChopSandwiches
03-27-2015, 02:49 PM
:) True
I prefer the old testament, much better read....until Revelations

Muddy
03-27-2015, 02:53 PM
I read some childrens bible stories my kid had for some reason.. And yes, god struck me as being a very mean entity.

Hal-9000
03-27-2015, 05:10 PM
The Old Testament God is the God you don't want to meet in a dark alley. The New Testament God is an ok dude.

Was just going to say....Old Testament God is vengeful and scary :shock:

and this mook above is just another in a long line of religious plebes who attach their own agenda to a tragic news story...