PDA

View Full Version : Teenage son comes home to find his 'father has killed his mother with chainsaw before turning it on himself'

Teh One Who Knocks
04-01-2015, 10:47 AM
By Ashley Collman For Dailymail.com

http://i.imgur.com/KmexBDH.jpg

A young boy has been scarred for life after coming home Tuesday afternoon to find his parents dead - their bodies hacked with a chainsaw.

Police in Lower Moreland, Pennsylvania received a call from the unidentified juvenile around 12:50pm and rushed to the home on the 100 block of Country Lane.

While authorities have not yet officially identified the couple, family and friends say they were Chris and Nicole Peppelman, the owners of a local excavating company.

The bodies of the 48-year-old husband and his 43-year-old wife were cut with what appears to be a chainsaw, but so far only Mrs Peppelman's death has been classified as a homicide- suggesting that it may have been a murder-suicide.

'The death of the female seems to be an apparent homicide, however, the investigation is continuing. This is preliminary at this point,' Kevin Steele of the Montgomery County District Attorney's Office said.

While friends and neighbors remembered the couple as outgoing and friendly, others admitted that the Peppelmans were going through a rough patch and that Mrs Peppelman had moved out of the house with their three sons.

'I know they've had some troubles, I've heard that from mutual friends and people that were closer to them recently than I have been, but they have been together I guess for 15-20 years,' Eric Shallcross, who went to high school with Mrs Peppelman, told WFMZ.

Police also confirmed that they had been called to the home before for domestic issues.

Autopsies have been scheduled for Wednesday to determine how the couple died.

Tuesday night, community members gathered at the family's church, Bryn Athyn Cathedral for a candlelight vigil.

'We're going to miss them is my thought. They were beautiful people, beautiful children and it's awful it's absolutely awful,' neigh Glenn Nathan told WPVI-TV.

Hal-9000
04-01-2015, 06:12 PM
suicide by chainsaw?

:shock: that's commitment

deebakes
04-01-2015, 11:31 PM
:homer: