PDA

View Full Version : Utah Man Praised For Returning Bag Full Of Money That Fell From Armored Truck

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2015, 11:31 AM
By Sean Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/k7sxbiD.jpg

A man in Salt Lake City, Utah, was praised for returning a bag full of cash after he witnessed it falling from a truck on his drive to work.

Dan Kennedy was on his way to work on Tuesday morning when he saw a bulky orange bag fall out of a truck and onto the road in front of him. Concerned that it would become a traffic hazard, Kennedy pulled over and raced out to the middle of the road to retrieve the bag.

“I thought it was going to be light. I reached down to grab it, and I couldn’t move it,” he told KSL. Kennedy quickly discovered that the bag contained a considerable amount of cash – estimated to amount to roughly $22,000. The bag belonged to Brink’s, an armored cash transportation company.

After trying and failing to flag down the truck, Kennedy put the money in his trunk and took it to work. After showing it to a few co-workers, he called the police.

“That sack of money was sitting there, and they all just kind of just looked at it stunned for a minute,” Kennedy said of the three Utah Highway Patrol officers who responded to his call. “They all stepped back and watched.”

One of those officers, trooper Brady Zaugg, told KSL he’d never heard of anything like this happening before.

“Never in all my years have I heard of a bag of money bouncing out of the back of an armored truck,” Zaugg said. “That’s something that happens in the spy movies.”

http://i.imgur.com/xTwxJW9.jpg

Zaugg told reporters that all of the money was intact when they got to the scene, and praised Kennedy for doing what was right considering the circumstances.

“Seals (of the individual bags) were still intact. He hadn’t disturbed it at all, so he obviously did the right thing for the right reason. … It’s not like he had to sit and have that moral dilemma. … He didn’t sit and dither on it. He immediately did the right thing,” he said.

Brink’s was notified of the situation, and the workers who drove the truck said they went over a bad bump while on the I-80 ramp. A latch opened during the bump, but the workers allegedly did not notice.

“They asked me a couple times if there was another bag, and I didn’t think there was. I didn’t see one,” Kennedy said. “They’re probably trying to figure out what’s going on and make sure they get the count right. … A big bag of money like that probably takes a long time to count.”

Though Kennedy received praise from police for the way he handled such a unique situation, he said the thought of doing anything different never even occurred to him.

“I didn’t really think about anything else besides returning it,” he said.

FBD
04-03-2015, 11:35 AM
amazing how a situation unfolds when someone's got a conscience

Teh One Who Knocks
04-03-2015, 11:37 AM
Not gonna lie, I can't honestly say I would have turned it in....I would have had to think about it and even then, I may have opted to keep it.

FBD
04-03-2015, 11:53 AM
I'da cut a hole in the side, held it out the window, and hit the gas :tup: I'd have wanted some entertainment value for my troubles :lol:

Hal-9000
04-03-2015, 04:35 PM
In the 3 seconds when he was deciding about what morals he had...this occurred :lol:

“I thought it was going to be light. I reached down to grab it, and I couldn’t move it,”

FBD
04-03-2015, 05:25 PM
:rofl:

deebakes
04-04-2015, 12:06 AM
:rip: