PDA

View Full Version : Eighth grade boy who wrote a story about murdering and sexually assaulting more than a dozen classmates is allowed back to school because blog is 'protected by the First Amendment'

Teh One Who Knocks
04-06-2015, 11:40 AM
By Joel Christie For Dailymail.com

Angry parents continued to protest outside a Texas middle school this week after an eighth grade boy who wrote a violent and disturbing story about killing his classmates was allowed to stay in class.

The Tidwell Middle School student - aged 13 or 14 - started a blog on a writers website called Wattpad in August last year that was called 'Killing Children', with the tag line: 'This is a continuous story about me murdering people I hate.'

There were 11 chapters published online up until January this year, featuring stories titled 'Massacre', 'Thrown Under The Bus' and 'Blood, Blood, And More Blood'.

Some of the names of students at the school featured in the blog, with one section reading: 'He tries to hold in a scream, but it escapes him when I drive the scissors down his body.'

http://i.imgur.com/LrhW5qD.png

The children who were named eventually came across the blog and alerted their parents, who reported the incident.

The boy was then removed from class, and his parents subsequently withdrew him from the school.

The blog was also taken down.

However late last month, as students returned from spring break, so did the boy.

The Northwest Independent School District confirmed they allowed the eighth grader to return.

The district and the boy's parents maintained the blog was a work of fiction, describing it as a horror story.

The Tarrant County District Attorney's Office also ruled the blog was protected by the First Amendment.

The decision has caused outrage among parents, who say they are scared for the safety of their children.

'I'm in disbelief. I can't even believe it,' parent Cindy Copeland told NBC DFW.

Mrs Copeland has kept her daughter, who is in the 6th grade, out of school for eight days, frightened that something might happen at the school.

Mrs Copeland said she read the blog and was disgusted.

'The description of what he will do to these peers and classmates, it's despicable,' she told NBC.

'It's not therapeutic writing. And if it was then it should have been kept private, not broadcast for the entire world to see.

'It's a threat.'

http://i.imgur.com/KDbXAe9.png

Another parent, Angela Dean, told the network she has been forced to explain to her children about what to do in the event of an incident at the school.

'The fact that I have to have those kinds of conversations with my children on how to my protect themselves against harm from another classmate, it's very disheartening as a parent,' she said.

The situation was reported to the Tarrant County District Attorney's Office, who investigated the boy and his writings.

An official decision was made this week not to file any charges.

In a statement to NBC, the District Attorney said: 'Although the blog in question contains many disturbing, graphic, and offensive descriptions of violence, it does not meet the legal requirements for a charge of criminal or delinquent conduct under Texas law.'

However parents say they will continue protesting and holding demonstrations until the boy is removed from the school permanently.

Goofy
04-06-2015, 01:22 PM
You can't have your cake and eat it :shrug: You want free speech........ well that's what this is :ok:

Pony
04-06-2015, 04:15 PM
Fucked up. You can't go to school with an epi pen or asthma inhaler to potentially save your own life but apparently writing in the first person using real names talking about killing your classmates is OK. I guess it's just fiction as long as he doesn't eat a cookie into a gun shape and point it at someone, then he would be expelled.

PorkChopSandwiches
04-06-2015, 04:20 PM
At least he has found an outlet so he doesn't need to kill everybody

Pony
04-06-2015, 04:35 PM
At the very least he should have a mandatory psych evaluation before being let back in.

Hal-9000
04-06-2015, 04:40 PM
and yet if the same thing was done using Obama's name as the target and sent to the White House you can bet the black SUV's would be at his house within 3 minutes