PDA

View Full Version : Kristen Stewart on Celebrity Culture: People Are 'So Full of It'

Teh One Who Knocks
04-07-2015, 11:21 AM
By Tierney McAfee - People Magazine

http://i.imgur.com/j3EPzeL.jpg

It's no secret that Kristen Stewart hasn't always enjoyed the trappings of fame. And the 24-year-old actress, who's been in the industry since the tender age of 9, is openly critical of celebrity culture in a new interview.

Discussing the role that won her a French César award, Stewart reflects on her movie Clouds of Sils Maria, which explores varying aspects of fame and the entertainment industry.

"That's what I like about the movie," Stewart tells The Hollywood Reporter. "Why aren't we [as a society] mentioning the fact that it's so crazy that there are so many people that are so full of it? And why are we consuming them en masse?"

The film features Oscar winner Juliette Binoche as an aging actress who agrees to star in a revival of a play that made her a household name 20 years earlier. This time she will play the role of the older woman, while her original part will go to a fresh – and scandal-ridden – young face (Chloë Grace Moretz).

Binoche's character, according to Stewart, represents actors "who are interesting and good and strive to do cool stuff and do stuff that makes people think," while Moretz's character embodies "surface BS, put-together commercial/commodity-type actresses."

Stewart didn't name any stars specifically, but she did single out capitalism as a culprit.

"If you think about the source of it all," says Stewart, "which is really the big, big, big green monster of cash, there's just no way that that's stopping. It's a new industry – celebrity news is a whole new form of entertainment – and it's a huge, booming, fucking money-making industry, so why would it stop?"

But this doesn't mean Stewart wants to say goodbye to Hollywood.

"I love what I do and so it's worth protecting," she tells The Hollywood Reporter. "Hopefully, one day people's priorities will shift a little bit."

Muddy
04-07-2015, 01:48 PM
I had no idea her father was John Stewart from the daily show.

Loser
04-07-2015, 02:28 PM
He's not. Different john stewart.

Hal-9000
04-07-2015, 05:31 PM
she talks like she has talent..."it's so worth protecting"....like she's in the class of Streep or Moore