PDA

View Full Version : 448-Pound Unemployed British Woman Earns More Than Nurse's Salary On Government Benefits

Teh One Who Knocks
04-08-2015, 12:12 PM
By Sean Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/JpkXdUR.jpg

A morbidly obese woman in England said she can’t work because of her weight, and instead lives off government benefits that amount to more than a nurse’s salary.

Rochelle Coulson, 21, said her weight caused her to develop sleep apnea — which she claims makes her a danger to the public and therefore unable to maintain a job. Coulson was diagnosed in 2012, and said she can involuntarily drift off to sleep for up to six hours. Her weight gain, a shocking 182 pounds in four years, was a result of eating due to “boredom.” She now weighs 448 pounds.

“I would love to have a job, I didn't choose to be like this. But I can't. I'm too dangerous. I can't do anything if I'm falling asleep the whole time,” she said.

Coulson said she’s had a lifelong battle with her weight, though it got significantly worse within the last four years after moving away from home and being diagnosed with depression. Now living off of money from the government, Coulson earns £18,712, around $27,800, per year. Doctors have urged her to lose weight, though she demanded the help of a state-funded worker to write meal plans before attempting to get healthy.

Coulson’s story garnered criticism from groups like the Taxpayers’ Alliance, which criticized the young woman for using government assistance as a “comfort blanket.” Coulson soon fired back, defending her situation.

“I was taught never to judge a book by its cover because, if you do, you'll never know the truth inside that book,” she said. “People say 'you're fat, you're ugly' but I don't care about my looks. People day in, day out tell me 'you're fat and you need to lose weight' but don't you think I already know that?"

Goofy
04-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Ah, she must be on the "lazy fat cunt" allowance :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
04-08-2015, 01:47 PM
There sure do seem to be a lot of special government benefits in the UK :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
04-08-2015, 03:14 PM
Rochelle Coulson, 21, said her weight caused her to develop sleep apnea — which she claims makes her a danger to the public and therefore unable to maintain a job. Coulson was diagnosed in 2012, and said she can involuntarily drift off to sleep for up to six hours.

thats not sleep apnea

deebakes
04-17-2015, 03:14 AM
england sucks balls :doh:

Hal-9000
04-17-2015, 09:30 PM
thats not sleep apnea

yes my father and brother have breathing machines....it's when you stop breathing for extended periods of time while you're asleep...

like when this fat fucking Orca rolls over on you and you can't breathe..