PDA

View Full Version : IMDB and Netflix reviewers

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2011, 06:34 PM
Does anybody ever read the reviews some people write for movies at these sites (or others)? It's freaking hilarious!

Hal and me have talked about it before....these people take themselves way too seriously. I was reading some stuff earlier today at IMDB and some of the things people bitched about in the reviews were so minor to the overall film, yet they had to write a full page on how bad it was.

I usually like to read that stuff when I need a good laugh. :lol:

I rarely let any user written reviews sway me as to whether I will watch a film or not anyways.

DemonGeminiX
05-31-2011, 06:37 PM
:shock:

You mean you can read?

Muddy
05-31-2011, 06:38 PM
People are clowns....

Hal-9000
05-31-2011, 06:39 PM
my favorites are the IMDB 'nutshell' reviews...

I swear, 18 full paragraphs each time I see that heading.The guy goes on about everything from the carpet used in some shots, to the actor's full bio's....
and all for a 2 out of 10 movie rating :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2011, 06:42 PM
:shock:

You mean you can read?

:slap:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2011, 06:44 PM
my favorites are the IMDB 'nutshell' reviews...

I swear, 18 full paragraphs each time I see that heading.The guy goes on about everything from the carpet used in some shots, to the actor's full bio's....
and all for a 2 out of 10 movie rating :lol:

I was reading one person's review this morning of Red Riding Hood and he/she was bitching about the fact that they use a Red Moon (the Blood Moon) in the film...because there's no such thing as a red moon. Did he/she not notice that the film is based on a freaking fairy tale and therefore might not quite be completely factual? :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-31-2011, 07:01 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong Lance, but weren't you the guy that hated the Dark Knight because you thought that Harvey Dent couldn't have been turned to being a mad murdering psychopath so easily? Even though it was a movie based on comic book characters?

:-k

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong Lance, but weren't you the guy that hated the Dark Knight because you thought that Harvey Dent couldn't have been turned to being a mad murdering psychopath so easily? Even though it was a movie based on comic book characters?

:-k

:-s

Not me, I've never seen it

DemonGeminiX
05-31-2011, 07:04 PM
Who am I thinking of then? I know you know what I'm talking about.

Hal-9000
05-31-2011, 07:05 PM
I was reading one person's review this morning of Red Riding Hood and he/she was bitching about the fact that they use a Red Moon (the Blood Moon) in the film...because there's no such thing as a red moon. Did he/she not notice that the film is based on a freaking fairy tale and therefore might not quite be completely factual? :lol:

Yet talking wolves and hot little girls (with perfect teeth, hygiene) running around the woods in the 1600's are O-TAY :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Who am I thinking of then? I know you know what I'm talking about.

I am completely lost, so no, I have no idea what you are talking about :lol:

DemonGeminiX
05-31-2011, 07:07 PM
I am completely lost, so no, I have no idea what you are talking about :lol:

:meh:

You're gonna make me go look for it, aren't you?

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2011, 07:09 PM
Yet talking wolves and hot little girls (with perfect teeth, hygiene) running around the woods in the 1600's are O-TAY :lol:

Exactly....the same reviewer complained about the fact that they used white sand to simulate snow on the ground in many of the village scenes. I guess it would have been better to instead just film the whole thing outdoors in the middle of winter so everyone could be completely miserable instead of doing it on a set somewhere :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2011, 07:09 PM
:meh:

You're gonna make me go look for it, aren't you?

Are you off your meds today? :-k

Hal-9000
05-31-2011, 07:11 PM
these IMDB guys make my posts look like Cliffs Notes :lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2011, 07:11 PM
And 99% of all the long ass reviews are filled with so much rage and hatred :lol:

Hal-9000
05-31-2011, 07:17 PM
And 99% of all the long ass reviews are filled with so much rage and hatred :lol:

:lol:

and they make it seem like it was the last movie ever made...

"I stood in line for over 13 hours and paid ____(insert amount) to watch this movie.It was lacking this, this and that and the actors were so terrible,
I located their addresses and will be beating up their children in lieu of the bad performance I had to endure.

The set was this...the acting was this....and on the whole, I would have rather had a 19 inch, heated piece of barbed metal shoved up my butt :x "

and the movie is some chopsocky POS like Wushu Demons from Beyond......

DemonGeminiX
05-31-2011, 08:39 PM

Hey! :x

Wushu Demons from Beyond was pure cinematic genius you heathen!!!

8-[

Goofy
05-31-2011, 09:24 PM
I rarely let any user written reviews sway me as to whether I will watch a film or not anyways.

I only watch films that get bad reviews :tup:

Yeah, or Mongolian Death Worms :thumbsup:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2011, 09:29 PM
Yeah, or Mongolian Death Worms :thumbsup:

Have you watched it yet? :-s

That's what I thought, so :stfu:

:dance:

Goofy
05-31-2011, 09:42 PM
Have you watched it yet? :-s

That's what I thought, so :stfu:

:dance:

Thats a good point actually........ you slated the film so it must be good :tup:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2011, 09:43 PM
I give it a 9-1/2 out of 10 :thumbsup:

Hal-9000
05-31-2011, 09:50 PM
Hey! :x

Wushu Demons from Beyond was pure cinematic genius you heathen!!!

8-[

oh crap you're from Wushu...sorry bud :doh:

Goofy
05-31-2011, 10:03 PM
I give it a 9-1/2 out of 10 :thumbsup:

Thats too high a rating, i wont be watching it then :hand:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Thats too high a rating, i wont be watching it then :hand:

This was posted by someone on the message board section at IMDB for Mongolian Death Worm...sometimes people there can actually be funny :lol:

What I learned from watching Mongolian Death Worm
by minderbinder-1

1. Worms roar.

2. Ancient tombs were made from modern brick and have metal fire doors.

3. Apparently very few people in Mongolia are actually Mongolian.

4. Vehicles in Mongolia never have to be fueled.

5. Everybody in Mongolia wears ID badges.

6. Police vehicles in Mongolia have "Police" written on them in English. And the officers wear cowboy hats, jeans, and cowboy boots.

7. You should pull your car off the road in Mongolia at night to hide your presence from the bandits, but lighting a big ol' fire won't alert the bandits to your presence.

8. Archaeological expeditions to find centuries-lost tombs can be conducted with nothing but a volt meter.

9. Bandits have set up camp in the 4077th.

10. You can walk around an "oil plant" with a gun in your pants and no one will notice.

Hal-9000
05-31-2011, 10:42 PM
2. Ancient tombs were made from modern brick and have metal fire doors.

:lol:

Godfather
06-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Post some of your favorites :D