PDA

View Full Version : Increase in demonic possession prompts Vatican to train army of exorcists

Teh One Who Knocks
04-20-2015, 11:40 AM
Caribbean 360 News

http://i.imgur.com/74P66Mx.jpg

ROME, Italy, Friday April 17, 2015 – Over four decades after the film version of William Peter Blatty’s novel The Exorcist left movie-goers stunned, the Vatican is training ordinary Catholics to cope with the rapid escalation in the number of cases of demonic possession.

A team of experts, including practising exorcists, has been convened by the Vatican to equip doctors, psychologists, teachers, and the like, with the skills needed to recognise and deal with demonic possession.

One of the main purposes of the exercise is to assist would-be exorcists in distinguishing demonic possession from psychological or medical conditions, according to the organisers.

The tenth annual “Exorcism and Prayer of Liberation” course, sponsored by the Vatican Congregation for the Clergy, the department responsible for overseeing matters regarding priests, got underway this week at Rome’s Regina Apostolorum University.

Father Pedro Barrajon, director of the Sacerdos Institute which is organising the course, said: “Living in an increasingly secularised society than in the past there is more tendency to open the door to the occult.

“Demonic activity is increased by the practice of magic and visiting fortune tellers which can increase the likelihood of a possession.”

Other experts say demonic activity is on the rise as a result of increased interest in the occult among the young including ouija boards and seances.

Last year, the International Association of Exorcists referred to the trend as “a pastoral emergency.”

The Vatican went on to try to introduce Holyween, a festival in which children would dress up as saints and attend prayer vigils, as an alternative to the darker celebration of Halloween.

Pope Francis has frequently expressed the belief that the devil really exists and is not merely “a myth, a figure, an idea, the idea of evil.”

Two years ago, the pontiff reportedly performed an exorcism on a wheelchair-bound young man, who shook violently when Francis laid his hands on him and said a blessing.

deebakes
04-21-2015, 02:18 AM
:bwaha:

Goofy
04-21-2015, 06:44 AM
The power of Christ compels you! :pope:

FBD
04-21-2015, 10:28 AM
christianity, the world's most popular invented religion :lol: it'll go the way of the dodo eventually, its like people rejecting the matrix. but the muslims and hardcore jews will keep at their faith.

the world has seen so much death and destruction because of the abrahamic religions, they should all be wiped clean from the earth....but that would require its destruction.

sorry kiddies, this planet has been shit on and I dont think the stink will be going away anytime soon.

Hal-9000
04-21-2015, 04:35 PM
christianity, the world's most popular invented religion :lol: it'll go the way of the dodo eventually, its like people rejecting the matrix. but the muslims and hardcore jews will keep at their faith.

the world has seen so much death and destruction because of the abrahamic religions, they should all be wiped clean from the earth....but that would require its destruction.

sorry kiddies, this planet has been shit on and I dont think the stink will be going away anytime soon.

Hey Swifty...all religions were invented by man

:tup:

http://i.imgur.com/Ubxrwse.jpg

FBD
04-21-2015, 09:28 PM
yep yep - its only slightly older than scientology, but bilks its devotees just the same, worse in some regards ;) all religion is control mechanism.

Noilly Pratt
04-21-2015, 10:07 PM
That should be fun
http://i58.tinypic.com/2m67rq8.gif

http://i57.tinypic.com/15n64y9.gif

FBD
04-21-2015, 10:17 PM
like I said in the other thread, belief or disbelief, the presence of the observer strongly alters probabilistic equations...but if you disbelieve that....well, have fun, little cork on the ocean :lol: believe very strongly you can be possessed and you just might, but even at that, the conditions must be there for the probability to b e coherent enough for a wave function collapse in that direction :dance: