PDA

View Full Version : Man reportedly peeing off road falls down 30-foot embankment

Teh One Who Knocks
05-31-2011, 10:57 PM
Firefighters conducted rope rescue to free man after several hours
By CASEY MCNERTHNEY, SEATTLE PI STAFF

http://i.imgur.com/587VZ.jpg

A man who was reportedly urinating on the side of a road fell down a 30-foot embankment and spent several hours there until saved by rescue crews.

After falling down the embankment in South King County, rescuers say the man used his cell phone to call 911 at about 4:30 a.m.

"He said he didn't know where he was, but the last place he remembered being was near 129th and Martin Luther King," said Dave Nelson, spokesman for King County Fire District 20.

KING/5 filmed the rescue and reported the man had been startled by a passing car, which led to his fall down the hill. Nelson said he didn't know what the man was specifically doing before falling down the embankment, but didn't discount the KING/5 report.

Crews searched the man for 45 minutes before locating him about seven blocks from where he fell over the guardrail in Skyway. Though his directions didn't lead rescuers directly to his location, Nelson said crews at the scene didn't report major drug or alcohol impairment.

A Renton Fire Department truck helped with the low-angle rope rescue, and the man was taken to Valley Regional Medical Center with minor injuries.

Though the incident happened in unincorporated King County, someone caught in Seattle urinating in public would face a $27 fine – if they were seen.

Seattle Municipal Code states it's unlawful for a person to intentionally urinate or defecate in a public place, other than a washroom or toilet room, under circumstances where such an act could be observed by any member of the public.

First time offenders aren't considered criminals, but people who have previously violated the urinating law or failed to appear when served with a previous ticket for the offense can be guilty of a misdemeanor, according to the code.

Hal-9000
05-31-2011, 11:02 PM
Was alcohol involved perchance?

AntZ
05-31-2011, 11:14 PM
I wonder if he had a chance to zip-up before he fell, or are doctors still picking embedded grit off his dick? :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
05-31-2011, 11:52 PM
Pubic place ..looks like the woods to me

deebakes
06-01-2011, 02:21 AM
$27? that's ludacris...