PDA

View Full Version : Family Remembers A Young Woman's Struggle With Addiction In A Blunt Obituary

Teh One Who Knocks
04-23-2015, 11:48 AM
By Amanda Andrade-Rhoades - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/C3jZfEy.jpg

An honest obituary from a Maine couple family has attracted a lot of attention online. “Molly Alice Parks, age 24, who most currently resided in Manchester, NH, passed away in Manchester on April 16, 2015 as the result of a heroin overdose,” the obituary reads.

Molly’s father, Tom Parks and stepmother, Pat Noble, learned about Molly’s final, fatal overdose on April 16.

Parks immediately knew what had happened when police showed up at his door in Saco, Maine.

“I said, ‘You’re here because of Molly,’” he told WMUR.

Molly had visited the weekend before - she had a job delivering pies and had attended community college until her addiction to heroin became serious.

The couple recalled her affectionate nature and penchant for red lipstick. “(She was) quirky. She liked goofy outfits, but she was fashionable, but goofy, and very funny and fun-loving,” Noble said.

The obituary, which also reflected on Molly’s positive attributes, reads: “She enjoyed theater, fashion, reading – especially Harry Potter, and will always be remembered for fearless personality and her trademark red lipstick.”

The memorial called Molly’s choice to try drugs “a bad decision.”

Molly had been battling heroin addiction for five years, but last August she overdosed for the first time. She overdosed several more times and had been to rehab three times before she died.

Molly’s obituary has since gone viral. “From all this Facebook stuff, people from all over – Arizona, New York, Illinois. People on it asking us questions. People with relatives on it saying stuff to us,” Noble said.

Parks hopes families learn from his daughter’s death. “Don’t believe that your addict is clean. Don’t do it. You have to be diligent. Stay right on top of them,” he said.

http://i.imgur.com/sUteTso.jpg

deebakes
04-23-2015, 01:08 PM
:rip: