PDA

View Full Version : British Woman With Facial Tattoos Says She Can't Get A Job, Wants Government Benefits

Teh One Who Knocks
04-27-2015, 11:52 AM
By Sean Kelly - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/hYHVW6Z.jpg

A woman who got facial tattoos as a teenager said she’s unable to get a job because of her ink, and lives life as a recluse while surviving off of government benefits.

Kay Bennett, a 33-year-old woman from Swindon, said she got her first tattoos when she was just 18 because she wanted to intimidate bullies who picked on her at school.

“I was bullied at school for my auburn hair being called ginger,” Bennett said. “I thought if I had tattoos I would look hard and people would think twice before picking on me.”

Over the course of six years, the U.K. woman got 18 tattoos on her arms and neck — though she remained employed the whole time, working as a security guard.

http://i.imgur.com/e5lY3Zo.jpg

When she was 24, however, Bennett decided to get six stars tattooed on her face. These tattoos, she said, caused more problems than she ever imagined.

“My parents never liked my tattoos,” she said. “But as they were mostly covered up with clothes, they weren’t too bothered. However, when I had the stars tattooed on my face, they were horrified. My dad said I looked a right state. They were so ashamed they didn’t want anything more to do with me.”

She admitted that it wasn’t just her parents who looked at her differently after getting the tattoos.

“I’d finished working in security but couldn’t get another job,” she said. “I noticed I only attracted bad boys. Nice guys don’t fancy me because of my tattoos,” she said.

After being unable to find employment, she finally landed a dog sitting job in March of last year. According to Bennett, it didn’t last long.

“I started off working as a volunteer and people got to know me,” she said. “However, other staff were wary of me because of how I look. I didn’t get invited out with them and I was so upset I had to resign.”

http://i.imgur.com/OKqJCFt.jpg

Since leaving the pet sitting position, Bennett said she’s been unable to find another job and was forced to live off of benefits from the government. Her situation, she said, caused her to gain a significant amount of weight and spiral into a depression.

“I can’t go out because I feel everyone is staring at me,” she said. “I come from a middle class family. I am well spoken but as soon as people see me they think I’m rough and common. People judge me on my looks and rarely bother to get to know me.”

Bennett said she’s telling her story in the hopes that someone will be compelled to offer laser surgery to remove the tattoos. "I can’t afford to have it done," she said. "However, I’m absolutely desperate to get rid of them. But until they are removed, I won’t be able to find a job and will be stuck on benefits. I hope my nightmare will make anyone think twice about having such visible tattoos especially on your face, neck or hands."

Goofy
04-27-2015, 11:55 AM
Stupid is as stupid does

FBD
04-27-2015, 01:24 PM
:lol: you want to appear hard baby, blast one in the mouth and ask if anyone else has a problem with how you look :roll:

Hal-9000
04-27-2015, 04:19 PM
my old supervisor didn't hire a kid (guy) because he had a tongue stud.....cited possible warehouse safety violations :lol: ( he just didn't like the guy )

PorkChopSandwiches
04-27-2015, 07:52 PM
There are plenty of tattooed people employed #MikeTyson

Hugh_Janus
04-27-2015, 08:01 PM
stay classy

deebakes
04-28-2015, 02:00 AM
:axe:

Muddy
04-28-2015, 03:25 PM
Ahhh!