PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Swift: I was 'shamed' into staying single

Teh One Who Knocks
04-28-2015, 10:57 AM
Entertainment Tonight

http://i.imgur.com/vrqysEt.jpg

Taylor Swift admits that her decision to stay single for so long had a lot to do with the media's coverage of her love life.

After being romantically linked to a string of famous heartthrobs -- Jake Gyllenhaal, John Mayer and Harry Styles -- the "Blank Space" singer tells Glamour UK that she wanted to give the tabloids something else to talk about.

"There is no easy way for me to engage with romance," Swift, who's been recently seen out with music producer Calvin Harris, tells the publication. "I'm really busy, so I can't. And it's a good thing that I feel really independent and I feel that my friends are all I need."

The 25-year-old artist isn't happy about how she came to this realization. "It's kind of a sad way I got there though, being shamed into it," she says. "What else is it when you have two boyfriends in one year and everyone's calling you boy crazy, making jokes about you at awards shows? That's public humiliation. And I don't think its fair."

In the same vein, Swift adds that she's focused on not being overly sexualized in the already overly sexualized music industry. "Every woman has different things that make them feel strong and powerful. For me, I don't have any need or urge to write about overt sexuality," she shares. "It just never occurs to me. I appreciate girls who sing about whatever they want, because that's what they want to sing about."

While Swift's provocative quotes to Glamour UK certainly has her fans talking, she's also getting noticed for her cover photo. Look closely and you'll see Swift's famous, rarely photographed, belly button peeking out from under her dress!

During the 2015 GRAMMYS, Swift told ET something similar about her love life when Nancy O'Dell asked what her plans were after the big event. She joked that she was going home to her cats.

"I'm not going to walk home with any men tonight," she said. "Men get me in trouble!"

deebakes
04-28-2015, 01:11 PM
:nom:

Muddy
04-28-2015, 03:05 PM
Well... whore it up, girl!

FBD
04-28-2015, 03:11 PM
I can sympathize, I wouldnt be able to tolerate paparazzi following me either

Hal-9000
04-28-2015, 04:48 PM
sure...you date someone, break up and then write a song about the guy

do that a few times...

and now you wonder why the press makes comments on your love life? :hand:

plenty of other celebs that live, break up, date other people and we never, ever hear about it...

DemonGeminiX
04-28-2015, 06:04 PM
:doggybanana:

deebakes
04-28-2015, 11:16 PM
I can sympathize, I wouldnt be able to tolerate people either

fixed that for you :dance: