PDA

View Full Version : Man Charged After Arranging To Have Sex With A 10-Year-Old Girl

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2015, 11:29 AM
By Amanda Andrade-Rhoades - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/OjBdF7Q.jpg

Michael Doherty, 51, of Cedar Park, Texas, reportedly travelled to Central Florida in the hopes of meeting a 10-year-old girl and her father to have sex with the child.

It turns out Doherty was a target in a sting operation and, while he thought he had been talking to the girl’s father, he was actually talking to an undercover detective.

According to court documents, Doherty responded to an advertisement about enjoying incestuous relationships. He told the detective he has a 10-year-old daughter who he sexually abuses and claimed he had sex with children between the ages of 8 and 12 before.

Doherty requested nude photos of the fictional girl he hoped to meet in Florida and said he wanted to watch the father sexually abuse his daughter on Skype, according to court documents.

Doherty and the undercover detective made plans to meet on April 8, while Doherty was in the area for business.

"I told myself I would never do that again. Yet here I am about to,” he told the detective, according to court documents. "I switch back and forth between not going, going but just watching, and going and…”

Doherty drove from Miami to Lake Mary and bought a Disney character dress for the girl before the meeting was supposed to happen, according to court documents. It wasn’t specified which character’s dress it was.

Doherty has been charged with attempted sexual enticement of a minor and faces life in prison.

RBP
04-29-2015, 11:36 AM
This one's different and valid, but the charges are odd. He solicited an adult to deliver a child as the story reads.

I can't believe they didn't specify what character's dress it was. That's critical information!! [/saracasm]

deebakes
04-29-2015, 01:03 PM
it always surprises me how many people fall for these scams :shrug:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-29-2015, 04:26 PM
Fuck you craigslist, this is why I use backpage

RBP
04-29-2015, 05:05 PM
Fuck you craigslist, this is why I use backpage
:wha:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-29-2015, 05:32 PM
I kid, I kid

Teh One Who Knocks
04-29-2015, 05:33 PM
Kid? :-s

:watching:

PorkChopSandwiches
04-29-2015, 05:39 PM
:doh:

Hal-9000
04-29-2015, 06:51 PM
He told the detective he has a 10-year-old daughter who he sexually abuses and claimed he had sex with children between the ages of 8 and 12 before.

by his own admission...coupled with the 'yet here I am about to go again' statement..

This is the thing that pisses me off the most about child abusers...they know it's wrong. Much different than a person with a true mental illness who commits an act without realizing the implications.