PDA

View Full Version : Woman Arrested For Making Threats Against Police On Facebook

Teh One Who Knocks
04-30-2015, 11:28 AM
By Amanda Andrade-Rhoades - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/fD3QyLr.jpg

Ebony Dickens, a 33-year-old mother from East Point, Georgia, was arrested for allegedly making threats against police officers on Facebook. She has been charged with one count of dissemination of information to facilitate terroristic threats, reports USA Today.

Using the name Tiffany Milan, Dickens reportedly wrote on Facebook: “I thought about shooting every white cop I see in the head until I’m either caught by the police or killed by them… Might kill at least 15 tomorrow, I’m plotting now.” She also allegedly wrote, "Death to all white cops nationwide,” and “I condone black on white killings. Hell they condones crime against us.”

Dickens’ post is being investigated by the FBI, as well as Georgia Bureau of Investigation and local police. East Point police said they might file more charges against her. The FBI and Department of Homeland Security are conducting investigations, reorts My Fox Atlanta.

“That’s 15 people that she’s talking about killing within a day or so, so whether she is serious or not that's something that we have to take seriously,” East Point police Lt. Cliff Chandler told WSBTV. Police seized computers, a firearm and a cell phone while executing a search warrant on Dickens’ home less than 24 hours after she wrote the post.

“I don't think she anticipated that we would respond as quickly as we did,” Chandler said.

Dickens’ bail was set at $10,000 and ordered that all of her social media accounts be suspended.

WARNING: Note Contains Strong Language

http://i.imgur.com/8aO73Eg.png

deebakes
04-30-2015, 01:06 PM
:facepalm:

DemonGeminiX
04-30-2015, 01:29 PM
I wonder if they'll charge her with a hate crime?

:-k

Teh One Who Knocks
04-30-2015, 01:37 PM
I wonder if they'll charge her with a hate crime?

:-k

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh, wait....you're serious? :-s

Teh One Who Knocks
08-21-2015, 11:30 AM
By Lauren Briggs - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/BIxe6zI.jpg

Authorities arrested a Georgia woman Tuesday for posting terroristic threats against white police officers on social media.

Police first arrested Ebony Dickens, a 34-year-old from East Point, Georgia, on April 28 in connection with the threatening Facebook threats that she allegedly made in response to several recent instances of white police officers fatally shooting black men, according to AJC.com.

Under the name Tiffany Milan, Dickens reportedly wrote an inflammatory Facebook post that called for “death to all white cops nationwide.”

http://i.imgur.com/1m8vWeS.jpg

“All Black [people] should rise up and shoot at every white cop in the nation starting NOW,” her post read, according to My Fox Philly. “I condone black on white killings. Hell they condone crimes against us.”

Dickens did not follow through with her reported threats, and her post cites “freedom of speech” for protection, saying that her words are not illegal, because the First Amendment does not expressly forbid her from threatening to “’kill all cops.’”

“I’ve thought about shooting every white cop I see in the head until I’m either caught by police or killed by them,” the post continued. “Ha!!!! I think I can pull it off. Might kill at least fifteen tomorrow. I’m plotting now.”

She later added that “they reading this sh*t too right now,” and she was certainly right about that, as officials arrested her shortly after she allegedly posted the statement.

Authorities obtained a search warrant and searched her electronic belongings and her home, where they allegedly found a firearm, ACJ.com reported. They charged her with terroristic threats and inciting to riot. Authorities released her on bond after the April 28 arrest, but a grand jury indicted her on Friday and she was re-arrested on Tuesday.

Dickens was booked in Fulton County Jail, where she will most likely attend trial on Wednesday at 11 a.m. in the jail, according to Tracy Flanagan, spokeswoman for the Fulton County Sheriff’s Office.

She faces one felony charge of terroristic threats as well inciting to riot, a misdemeanor, and dissemination of information related to terroristic acts via computer, also a misdemeanor.

DemonGeminiX
08-21-2015, 02:29 PM
:meh:

So no hate crime then.

Teh One Who Knocks
08-21-2015, 02:30 PM
:meh:

So no hate crime then.

Black people cannot be racist, so therefore, there cannot be a hate crime :nono:

DemonGeminiX
08-21-2015, 02:34 PM
:nono:

That's not true. There was a black cop from Saint Louis on Fox News last night telling Sean Hannity that all these Black Lives Matter black people were all racists.

If a black dude is saying black people can be racist, then black people can be racist.

HyperV12
08-21-2015, 03:15 PM
The internet is serious biddness!

Hal-9000
08-21-2015, 08:05 PM
She faces one felony charge of terroristic threats as well inciting to riot, a misdemeanor, and dissemination of information related to terroristic acts via computer, also a misdemeanor.

I support this 101% ...she threatened police in written text, no different than people who threaten the prez and are stupid enough to write down their thoughts on social media.

No offense but some of your amendments need to be seriously overhauled and retooled.....freedom of speech is a great thing to enjoy but when it crosses the muddy boundary of written threats, that becomes a potential crime in my humble opinion.

No different than if a kid goes on Facebook and threatens to shoot up his classroom full of school mates and teachers. The authorities got to come down on that shit quick and hard...and no more of this - It's my right to speak freely.

Not when you're making death threats...that's not a right.

Hal-9000
08-21-2015, 08:08 PM
Can you imagine being a cop in a bad hood and going though shit everyday...shit meaning almost getting shot....and then coming home to read this garbage on Facebook??

You make the cops more nervous each day...you make the thugs more nervous each day...and pretty soon no one walks outside anymore without kevlar and a gun in their pocket...