PDA

View Full Version : Whole Foods, Five Guys Slammed For Feeding National Guard In Baltimore

Teh One Who Knocks
05-01-2015, 12:01 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/zrip0jn.jpg

The grocery giant Whole Foods and the hamburger chain Five Guys are getting slammed on social media sites for giving free food to National Guard members in Baltimore, Maryland, this week.

A picture posted by Whole Foods Market East on its Facebook page stated, "We teamed up with Whole Foods Market Mt. Washington to make sandwiches for the men and women keeping us safe. We are so thankful to have them here and they are pumped for Turkey & Cheese!"

Jon Swaine, a reporter for The Guardian tweeted, "Five Guys join Whole Foods, pass free burgers to National Guard soldiers lined along Pratt St at Baltimore harbour."

According to USA TODAY, some Twitter and Facebook users slammed the companies, and noted that many children were going without lunches because the city's public schools were closed down for safety.

The Baltimore City Public Schools website states about its student demographics: "84 percent low income (based on eligibility for Free or Reduced-Price Meals)."

CrooksandLiars.com reports, "Whole Foods CEO John Markey is the guy who hates Obamacare and believes wholeheartedly in 'conscious capitalism.'"

DemonGeminiX
05-01-2015, 12:03 PM
I haven't been to Five Guys yet, but I'm definitely going now.

Pony
05-01-2015, 12:17 PM
If they wouldn't have rioted, the NG wouldn't be there, the schools wouldn't have closed and those kids would still be getting their free lunches. Let's not blame Whole Foods for the kids being hungry.

deebakes
05-01-2015, 01:23 PM
:facepalm: