PDA

View Full Version : Man Collapses After 14-Day Online Gaming Binge, Begs For Computer

Teh One Who Knocks
05-05-2015, 10:52 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/aTU9eMx.png

A 21-year-old man, identified as "Mr. Xia," recently collapsed after a 14-day binge of web gaming outside an Internet cafe in Hefei, China.

Paramedics came to the scene to take Mr. Xia to a local hospital, but his response was, "Leave me alone and turn on the computer for me. I want to surf the Internet," reported the Chinese language Anhui Business Review, noted The Telegraph.

A cleaning woman, who worked in the Internet cafe, claimed that the chain-smoking young man had been playing online games for two weeks, had not showered and had barely eaten.

She stated, "[At] 7am on May 3, he told me he was feeling a little dizzy and hadn't eaten for a day and that he would go out to get some food. He couldn't stand up on his own so I helped him. He was quite smelly by then."

Mr. Xia told the media that he left home after becoming addicted to Internet role-playing games: "I found confidence in this virtual world."

According to the Daily Mail there are an estimated 24 million young people who are "web junkies" in this part of the world, and 7.1 percent of the Asian population has an Internet addiction. There are even so-called "boot camps" throughout China that are supposed to help younger people kick their addiction to the web.

deebakes
05-05-2015, 01:15 PM
:suicide: