PDA

View Full Version : School Apologizes For Serving Burned Burritos Covered With Melted Plastic

Teh One Who Knocks
05-06-2015, 11:28 AM
By Amanda Andrade-Rhoades - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/EVCkulo.jpg

Students at Philippi Middle School in Philippi, West Virginia, were served burned burritos for lunch with melted plastic still on the food. Students posted photos of the food on social media, sparking outrage.

"They were eating plastic and the chemicals that melted with the plastic, that's not good," Sherie Bolton, who has a grandchild at the school, told EAG News. "I think this was something they weren't used to making so they just burned them and rather then choosing to throw them away and remaking something else, because of what was on the menu that day, they served them."

The Barbour County Board of Education said they will work to fix the issue by training their staff.

"I am aware of the situation that happened in Philippi Middle School regarding lunch and on behalf of the Board of Education and myself I extend an apology to the students and families that were involved with that and we are doing training to make sure that it doesn't happen again," Barbour County Board of Education Superintendent, Joe Super, told WDTV. He did not elaborate on what the training would consist of.

Parents told WDTV that the principal apologized to some students who were served the burnt burritos.

Goofy
05-06-2015, 12:02 PM
Mmmm :homer:

beowulf
05-06-2015, 12:05 PM
you can hear the lawyers racing there to issue multi million lawsuits

deebakes
05-07-2015, 02:26 AM
:puke:

Muddy
05-07-2015, 02:35 AM
Isolated incident not worthy of a news event.

Hugh_Janus
05-07-2015, 09:41 PM
looks more palatable than poutine :shrug:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-07-2015, 10:54 PM
Thanks Mrs Obama