PDA

View Full Version : Audi garage offers ‘free dinner’ to owner of damaged car, owner racks up £700 bill

Teh One Who Knocks
05-07-2015, 11:27 AM
Harry Readhead for Metro.co.uk

http://i.imgur.com/pqQeQSn.jpg

When an Audi garage damaged a car and offered its owners a free meal, they weren’t expecting to be landed with a £700 bill.

Watford Audi promised a ‘meal for two’ to Siobhan Yap, 27, after her Audi A3 convertible was hit while parked on the garage’s forecourt.

But Watford Audi was shocked when they received a bill from Covent Garden’s exclusive L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon – for £714.61.

‘They put me through a lot of stress and it was a really nice restaurant,’ Ms Yap told the BBC.

‘They should have specified a limit.’

Ms Yap revealed that she and her mother enjoyed four glasses of champagne, two bottles of wine, six cocktails and a sloe gin. Some of the ‘small tasting dishes’ they tried included one £35 La Truffe Noire, two St Jacques scallop dishes priced at £29 each and two La Volatille risottos totalling £42.

A Watford Audi spokesman said it would cover half the bill, equating to £357.

‘We believe this is a fair and reasonable amount given the circumstances, and we stand by the decision taken,’ he said.

deebakes
05-07-2015, 01:06 PM
:facepalm:

FBD
05-07-2015, 03:36 PM
they said a free meal, now pay the bill, fuckers!

Hugh_Janus
05-07-2015, 09:31 PM
should have set a limit, but at the same time, there's no need to be a greedy twat

RBP
05-08-2015, 12:59 AM
should have set a limit, but at the same time, there's no need to be a greedy twat

Agreed, but business have to recognize the darker angels.

Lambchop
05-08-2015, 01:13 AM
Reminds me of those all you can eat Chinese buffets... motherfuckers get mad when you stand up to get your 4th plate. Bitch you advertised all you can eat. Next time I'm bringing four obese dudes to shut your business down

Loser
05-08-2015, 04:27 AM
Would never EVER eat any form of buffet.

So many back in chicago were shut down years ago for recycling food.

deebakes
05-08-2015, 01:25 PM
:homer: buffet