PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey teacher Nicole DuFault pleads not guilty to charges of having sex with 6 students

Teh One Who Knocks
05-08-2015, 11:28 AM
BY Doyle Murphy - NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

http://i.imgur.com/qn6Xamnl.jpg

A New Jersey teacher accused of having sex with a half-dozen students claims she’s not at fault.

Nicole DuFault on Monday pleaded not guilty to charges of sex assault and child endangerment.

The suspended Maplewood instructor is accused of hooking up repeatedly with six boys, ages 14 and 15 years old, on school property and in her car.

The 35-year-old mother of two had sexual intercourse with the boys between 2013 and 2014, and she was even filmed performing oral sex on one teen, NJ.com reported.

DuFault taught language arts for nine years at Columbia High School before her arrest in September 2014.

The charges handed up in a 40-count indictment “run contrary to her commendable background and unblemished work performance,” her attorney said during Monday’s court appearance in Newark.

DuFault is free on $500,000 bail.

DemonGeminiX
05-08-2015, 11:29 AM
I say guilty.

RBP
05-08-2015, 11:31 AM
A serial molester... we shall see.

Not guilty plea, okay.

deebakes
05-08-2015, 01:20 PM
lock her up :x

Teh One Who Knocks
07-27-2015, 11:18 AM
BY Sasha Goldstein - NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

It’s all in her head.

A New Jersey teacher claims a “frontal lobe syndrome” left her helpless against the advances of the six 14- and 15-year-old students with whom she’s accused of having sex at Columbia High School in Maplewood and in her car.

Nicole Dufault, 36, faces a 40-count indictment for the extracurricular activities authorities say happened in 2013 and 2014. The single mom of two young children was arrested in September.

But her attorney, Timothy Smith, said the disorder has “rendered her defenseless to overaggressive behavior, and that is exactly what she was exposed to.

“Such will be our defense to a number of counts to the indictment,” Smith told the Daily News in a statement. “The remaining counts are either legally deficient or resulted from opportunistic tendencies.”

At least one of the sexual trysts was filmed by a student, who watched as another teen received oral sex from his teacher in her car, according to NJ.com.

The frontal lobes “help manage emotional responses” and “enable people to avoid inappropriate social behaviors,” according to the National Institute on Aging.

“They help people make decisions that make sense for a given situation,” according to the agency. “When the frontal lobes are damaged, people may focus on insignificant details and ignore important aspects of a situation or engage in purposeless activities.”

Dufault was diagnosed with the syndrome after she had brain surgery for complications during her first pregnancy, the attorney told NJ.com. She had a shunt and “related apparatus” installed in her brain, Smith told the news site.

Prosecutors wrote off the defense.

"All too often victims of sexual abuse are demonized by their abusers,” Essex County Assistant Prosecutor Gina Iosim said in a statement to NJ.com. “It takes a tremendous amount of courage for a victim, especially a juvenile victim, to come forward knowing the stigma some in society place on victims of sexual abuse. We continue to prepare for trial so our juvenile victims may find the justice they are seeking."

RBP
07-27-2015, 03:12 PM
Hmmmmm not buying this. I have never heard a brain condition that caused underaged blowjobs.

perrhaps
07-27-2015, 03:13 PM
She needs a new lawyer, but I guess her frontal lobe disorder prevents her from realizing it.

Hal-9000
07-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Hmmmmm not buying this. I have never heard a brain condition that caused underaged blowjobs.

I may have an alternate version of that condition

8-[

Hal-9000
07-27-2015, 04:46 PM

I may have an alternate version of that condition

8-[

deebakes
07-27-2015, 11:09 PM
:idk: