PDA

View Full Version : Colorado teacher accused of long sexual relationship with middle school pupil

Teh One Who Knocks
05-11-2015, 11:10 AM
Phil Tenser, Amanda Zitzman - 7 News Denver

http://i.imgur.com/hUnPldd.jpg

GREELEY, Colo. - A Greeley middle school teacher's sexual relationship with a student allegedly began during the last school year, lasted through the summer and through her move to a different school.

Katerina Bardos, 24, was arrested Thursday and charged with sex assault on a child, sex assault on a child in a position of trust, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

The Greeley Police Department said the former Brentwood Middle School teacher allegedly had sex with a 13-year-old boy whom she taught in her sixth grade classroom in 2014. Police believe the sexual relationship continued over the course of a year. The teacher is also accused of providing the student with pot.

The Greeley School District released a statement confirming the alleged victim is a student at Brentwood. But officials said Bardos’ contract was not renewed in 2014.

She then began working at the Charter School, Frontier Academy, as a fourth grade teacher until her arrest. School officials sent a letter to student parents. It reads, in part: “The first thing we want you to know is that the safety of our students is our number one priority, and we have been informed that the arrest was unrelated to any student at Frontier Academy.”

The letter goes on to state that Bardos’ employment has been terminated.

Neighbors told 7NEWS they were shocked to learn of the charges. Allia Ashkanani said she grew up living next door to Katerina Bardos. She describes the teacher as one of the nicest people she's ever met.

"She was my mentor," Ashkanani said. "I've always looked up to her. She's always been a great person involved in the community."

We saw similar sentiments on the 7News Facebook page in response to the allegations. One person commented: “knowing her as long as I have it is so difficult to believe that it could be possible.”

"I have no idea whether this is true or not but all I have to say is everybody makes mistakes,” Ashkanani said.

Bardos holds a Colorado teaching license for elementary education, which was issued in 2013.

Bardos has no previous arrests on her record with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. She is scheduled to appear in court on May 18.

RBP
05-11-2015, 11:13 AM
Everybody makes mistakes? :wha:

It sure seems like it's getting worse...

deebakes
05-11-2015, 01:36 PM
13 years old ffs :x

perrhaps
05-11-2015, 02:57 PM
13 years old ffs :x

Too young to know he can't do a whole lot better.

Hal-9000
05-11-2015, 06:11 PM
but all I have to say is everybody makes mistakes,” Ashkanani said.

yeah okay you just remember that when I'm babysitting your little girls......

Hal-9000
05-11-2015, 06:13 PM
sorry about that last post...even my comparison to make a point about idiotic apathy to a horrible situation made me sick..