PDA

View Full Version : UK Teen Forced To Undergo Bra Search For Stolen Cash In Front Of Customers

Teh One Who Knocks
05-11-2015, 12:14 PM
By Emily Smith - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/xOlsBVl.jpg

A U.K. teen, Naomi Scott, was forced to participate in a humiliating bra search in front of colleagues and customers, the young woman reported.

Scott, 17, had been working full-time at discount store Poundland for almost a year, when she was asked to carry out the humiliating act.

“We’ve always had bag searches and pocket searches,” Scott said. “But all of a sudden, last Thursday, they came up with the idea of a bra search. One of my supervisors, a female, came up to us when we were on the till and said ‘we need to do a bra search.’”

According to The Daily Mail, her supervisor asked her to pull her bra forward and shake.

“This was in front of staff and customers,” Scott said. “She asked me and two or three other women who were working on the tills. I then had to pull my bra outward, give a bit of a shake and see if any coins came out of the bottom.”

Although Scott was wearing a black sweatshirt and no one could see down her top, she reported that she was still humiliated. Scott added that the act was an invasion of her privacy.

There was no similar check for the male employees.

After working through two more shifts, Scott quit her job on Monday and is now looking for another full-time position.

A spokesperson for Poundland noted that the situation, which can clearly be seen on CCTV footage inside the store, was “highly regrettable” and that steps have been taken to ensure the same incident doesn’t occur again.

Goofy
05-11-2015, 12:20 PM
There was no similar check for the male employees.

We generally don't wear bras :)

deebakes
05-11-2015, 01:28 PM
i'm gonna take her to poundland :doggybanana:

Hal-9000
05-11-2015, 07:32 PM
see if any coins came out...

ffs, give the thieves some credit would ya :lol:

Pony
05-11-2015, 09:07 PM
Poundland :rofl:

:giggity:

Lambchop
05-11-2015, 09:14 PM
Poundland is a shop where everything is £1. I think you guys have the Dollar store equivalent over there.

I get the pun

PorkChopSandwiches
05-11-2015, 10:09 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/Fitzkid/1up.gif

DemonGeminiX
05-11-2015, 10:32 PM
Does she even wear a bra? Doesn't look like she has very much to hold up.

deebakes
05-11-2015, 11:16 PM
its the sweatshirts fault :shrug:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-11-2015, 11:20 PM
Does she even wear a bra? Doesn't look like she has very much to hold up.

:slap: Its to hold change

Hal-9000
05-12-2015, 06:47 PM
we had a guy up here who worked at a small convenience store...he was taking change out of the little charity donation case on the counter...just a handful every night. They caught him because the store had one internal camera pointed at the counter/door area and he was aware of it....

ffs, why wouldn't he just take the odd bill out of the till every few days? I know the charity stuff isn't counted but why go to that length multiple times for what....2.79???