PDA

View Full Version : Selena Gomez slams back at fan who called her 'fat' on Instagram

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2015, 10:43 AM
FOX News Latino

http://i.imgur.com/Si2ML3T.jpg

Selena Gomez is not going to tolerate any body-shaming about her or anyone else on social media.

The 22-year-old singer-actress reportedly took to Instagram recently to call out a fan” that dissed Gomez’s curvy body, telling her to work out and to stop eating junk food.

“She’s an actress, she needs to tone her body, in the business sadly the image it’s important (sic), I’m just saying that she needs to work out,” the person wrote on Instagram, tagging Gomez.

It is unclear what photo the user was commenting on as they have been deleted. A screen shot of the exchange was shared on Twitter.

http://i.imgur.com/S4DGnXa.png

The former Disney star offered her own response to the comment, shutting down the body shaming fan quickly.

“You’re disgusting. I’M IN the business and I could care less about what ‘they’ or you say I should look like. I don’t need to do anything other than love myself, take care of my work, fans, family and friends,” Gomez said. “And I do work out. It’s not your place to tell anyone what they should or should not do.”

It seems Gomez then tried to get the user blocked from Instagram.

deebakes
05-12-2015, 01:09 PM
i bet this lauren is fat hag :shrug:

RBP
05-12-2015, 02:16 PM
The fan can't say she should work out but it's fine for the Selena to call her disgusting? :-k

PorkChopSandwiches
05-12-2015, 02:33 PM
In all honesty, she has been being visited by the burrito fairy and its not going to end well

Muddy
05-12-2015, 03:32 PM
Let me spank that big ass into shape senoriiiita!!! :twisted:

Hal-9000
05-12-2015, 06:06 PM
:lol:

Hal-9000
05-12-2015, 06:08 PM
Yeah I think Serena could have taken the high road on that one and not called the person disgusting...

but hey, social media is now the medium to announce weddings, breakups, abortions, new medications...the cool kids seem to bare their soul in front of 12000 followers using 140 characters or less..

Teh One Who Knocks
05-12-2015, 06:14 PM
The fan can't say she should work out but it's fine for the Selena to call her disgusting? :-k

Yeah I think Serena could have taken the high road on that one and not called the person disgusting...

but hey, social media is now the medium to announce weddings, breakups, abortions, new medications...the cool kids seem to bare their soul in front of 12000 followers using 140 characters or less..

IMHO, when the 'fan' decided to insult Selena (and we all know that criticizing a woman's weight is probably the worst insult there is) she opened herself up to being insulted as well. :2cents:

Hal-9000
05-12-2015, 06:23 PM
That's a good point Lance....taking a shot at a woman's weight is pretty much like kicking a man in the nuts :lol:

What I don't like, and maybe it's because I'm not on Twitter, is the raw openness and brutality of some exchanges. It goes too far beyond what a conversation with 2 million spectators should have to witness...and I'm a pretty open guy with my posting and opinions on any platform :lol: