PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania university student suing school after failing required class twice

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2015, 10:49 AM
FOX News and The Associated Press

http://i.imgur.com/snpM8w4.jpg

A Pennsylvania university nursing student is suing the school after failing a required course twice, saying anxiety and depression made it difficult for her to concentrate.

Jennifer Burbella claims her Misericordia University professor did not do enough to help her pass a class on adult health patterns.

Burbella said the professor gave her a distraction-free environment and extra time for her final exam when she took the class the second time, but did not respond to telephoned questions as promised, giving her even more stress.

Burbella said she started to break down in tears because of the lack of help.

She said the Catholic university gave another disabled student better accommodations and that her treatment violated a federal disability discrimination law.

The Citizens’ Voice reports Burbella is seeking more than $75,000 in damages.

A Misericordia spokesman told the paper it does not comment on pending litigation.

Burbella entered the university's nursing program in 2010 and struggled toward a bachelor's degree in nursing because of her conditions, the lawsuit says, and experienced great anxiety due to social and academic challenges and family medical issues.

After failing the first time, Burbella says the university forced her to re-take the class in a summer session that began four days later, causing "great trepidation."

Misericordia, located outside Scranton, has an undergraduate enrollment of about 3,200 students.

perrhaps
05-13-2015, 01:49 PM
The next time someone from my family is hospitalized, I sure hope that the attending nurse can handle at least a smidgen of stress.

DemonGeminiX
05-13-2015, 02:18 PM
Go back to McDonald's, Jenny.

Teh One Who Knocks
05-13-2015, 06:13 PM
The next time someone from my family is hospitalized, I sure hope that the attending nurse can handle at least a smidgen of stress.

Go back to McDonald's, Jenny.

How is she supposed to get thru this with all this unneeded stress you are putting on her? :hand:

She's trying as hard as she can [-(

PorkChopSandwiches
05-13-2015, 06:14 PM
Should be good enough

Pony
05-13-2015, 06:39 PM
Yea, they should pass everyone just for trying. Don't wanna leave anyone out or hurt someones ego.

This is the direct result of parents and schools coddling a whole generation of kids. Give it another 15 years and we will have physicists and spinal surgeons who can't even read Cat in the Hat.

Pony
05-13-2015, 06:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/wHUDRRJ.jpg

Hal-9000
05-13-2015, 07:14 PM
I graduated high school 1983. Even back then, universities and colleges put out the word to every high school in my province that all of the students hitting university could barely cobble two sentences together...and the spelling was averaging 7th grade levels. These were graduating high school kids going on to post secondary schools...at 18 years old, something like 75% of graduates could not spell or write a simple book review.

So they revamped all of our English 30 and 31 classes and they became 100% focused on essay writing. Who knew what was going on with math and science....but they were under educating kids and moving them through the system

Jezter
05-13-2015, 07:19 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/698/489/2f7.png

Jezter
05-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Go suck some more jock dicks under the bleachers, bitch.

deebakes
05-14-2015, 02:27 AM
unclear whether she is deserving or not, needs better pictures :shrug: