PDA

View Full Version : Man Found Guilty Of Throwing 4-Year-Old Daughter Off Cliff To Avoid Child Support

Teh One Who Knocks
05-15-2015, 11:34 AM
By Tony Tran - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/RVTv35B.jpg

A California father has been found guilty on Wednesday of throwing his daughter from a cliff in 2000, killing her.

Cameron Brown, 53, has been found guilty of first-degree murder for killing his 4-year-old daughter, Lauren Sarene Key.

Brown had been accused of intentionally throwing the girl from a Rancho Palos Verdes cliff in California to avoid paying child support.

The decision ends a case spanning 15 years and three separate trials.

Two juries before could not decide whether or not Brown was guilty of his crime.

Lauren’s mother, Sarah Key-Marer, sobbed as the verdict was read on Wednesday.

For Det. Jeffrey Leslie, the decision came as a reprieve to a 15-year ordeal for the family of the murdered girl.

“I was relieved for [Key-Marer],” said Leslie. “I’ve been doing this job for 16 years. I don’t believe in closure anymore. I just hope we brought justice to Lauren and her family.”

Leslie had been handling the murder case since it began.

Key-Marer rushed out into the hallway after the verdict was read.

“Thank you, thank you,” she told the jury's foreman after hugging jurors.

“Lauren was our gift from God, the best thing to ever happen to us,” she said, according to the Los Angeles Times. “We just learned to live with the pain.

“There are no winners here, certainly not for Cameron’s family, and not for ours,” she continued.

Despite the verdict, Brown’s attorney Aron Laub contended that his client did not intentionally kill his daughter.

Goofy
05-15-2015, 12:46 PM
:nuts:

deebakes
05-16-2015, 03:32 AM
:wtf2:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-16-2015, 03:10 PM
It must be the lack of water