PDA

View Full Version : 14-Year-Old Girl To Be Tried As Adult For Plotting Murder Of Mother

Teh One Who Knocks
05-18-2015, 10:42 AM
By Jordan Smith - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/P6FSClh.jpg

Jamie Silvonek, a 14-year-old girl who allegedly helped plot the murder of her mother with her 21-year-old boyfriend, is to be tried in court as an adult.

Silvonek and Caleb Barnes are accused of murdering Cheryl Silvonek, 54, on March 15, before burying her body in a shallow grave in South Whitehall Township, Pennsylvania.

Barnes, a member of the armed forces, is accused of stabbing Cheryl three times in the throat on the Silvoneks' driveway. In a police interview, Barnes acknowledged that Cheryl begged for her life before she died.

Investigators claim Jamie encouraged Barnes to commit murder, and say they have 75 text messages to prove her role in the plot.

A friend of Jamie also testified to overhearing the pair discuss killing Jamie’s parents, who were reportedly against the couple dating.

“I never thought she could do something like that,” the friend said in court, according to the Morning Call. “We joke around all the time and we are best friends. I believed her when she said it was a joke.”

Lehigh County Detective Richard Heffelfinger interviewed Jamie about Cheryl’s death.

“I basically told her I don’t believe her,” he told the court.

“It basically doesn't make any sense,” Heffelfinger added, according to Daily Mail. “Her story did not match up with what I was seeing with my eyes.”

But Jamie’s attorney, John Waldron, is urging that she be tried in a juvenile court.

"That's where she belongs," he stated. "She's still a child."

According to Morning Call, Jamie Silvonek will be the youngest girl ever to be tried for a homicide crime in Lehigh County.

Waldron objected to the displaying of Cheryl’s crime scene photo in court, which was shown by the prosecution for over a minute.

That’s long enough; take it down,” he said during the hearing.

While Barnes appeared in court grinning for the media, Jamie sobbed throughout the hearing.

“Just coming into the courtroom and all the people, all the press, for a 14-year-old girl, it was just very emotional for her,” Waldron said.

The court decided Thursday to send the case to Lehigh County Court for trial.

DemonGeminiX
05-18-2015, 07:07 PM
Screw her. Try her as an adult. Fry the both of them.

deebakes
05-19-2015, 01:44 AM
:overkill: