PDA

View Full Version : Anti-gay pastor and married father-of-five who compared homosexuality to alcoholism resigns after his profile on gay hook-up site Grindr is uncovered

Teh One Who Knocks
05-20-2015, 11:04 AM
By Evan Bleier for MailOnline

http://i.imgur.com/K4r76zC.jpg

A married Michigan reverend with five children who publicly came out against homosexuality has resigned from his associate pastor job after his profile on the gay hook-up app Grindr was exposed.

Reverend Matthew Makela of Midland worked at St John's Lutheran Church where he was called a man who enjoyed 'family, music, home improvement, gardening and landscaping, and sports'.

During his time at the church, Makela reportedly made negative statements about the gay and transgender communities and once compared homosexuality to alcoholism.

In a comment that has since been removed from a Midlands Daily News story, Makela wrote: 'I love people who have same sex attraction, and so does God.

'The proof is in the sacrifice He made for all of us who sin... We don’t tell a person born with tendencies to abuse alcohol to keep on giving in to his innate desires because he can’t help it.

'We try to help him in his struggle.'

He also made unkind comments about gay and transgender people on his Facebook page, according to Queerty.

Screenshots obtained by the site reveal Makela called himself a 'top' who loved 'make out naked and cuddle' as well as 'oral and massage'.

He confirmed the Grindr profile was real, according to Queerty.

When word of the profile reached church officials, Makela decided to step down.

http://i.imgur.com/OjMxU5I.jpg

Pastor Daniel Kempin of St John’s informed the congregation about the resignation with an open letter.

He wrote: 'Pastor has acknowledged that there was sin and repentance, and I have testified that there is indeed forgiveness through the same Lord who forgives all our sins.

'Nevertheless, it is an end of our time together in ministry, and we ask for your continued prayers and support for the Makela family.

'I write this to you to warn you that you may be confronted with the details of the sin, and to remind you that sin is never pretty.

Kempin went on to warn congregation members not to panic or respond and gave some last advice.

He wrote: 'Be very careful, then, how you live, not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity because the days are evil. See you in Church.'

PorkChopSandwiches
05-20-2015, 03:10 PM
Par for the course

deebakes
05-21-2015, 02:17 AM
:rofl: