PDA

View Full Version : English woman had to catch her bowel and intestines when C-section scar ripped open

Teh One Who Knocks
05-22-2015, 11:05 AM
Michael Morrow and Agency - News Corp Australia Network

http://i.imgur.com/bZ1ibVu.jpg

A UK mother was forced to catch her own bowel and intestines after her surgical scar reopened following a Caesarian — then had to wait 40 minutes for an ambulance.

Sam Bell, 28, gave birth to daughter Chloe Terman by planned Caesarian and was released three days later after being given the all clear by doctors.

She was then visited at her home by a midwife five days after giving birth who routinely removed the bead stitch.

But shortly after the simple procedure Sam swung her legs off the bed to stand up and felt like her trousers were sticking to her.

http://i.imgur.com/3FIQixF.jpg

She opened her trousers and was horrified to see her wound reopen before her eyes — and her bowel and intestines tumbled out.

The mother-of-two then lay waiting for an ambulance to arrive for 40 minutes before she was taken back to hospital where she underwent surgery.

“It almost felt like my trousers were stuck to my stomach, so I pulled them open,” she told The Mirror.

“I looked down and as I did that my wound opened and my bowel and intestines just fell out.”

Sam, from Liphook, Hampshire, is now on the road to recovery after having staples put in her stomach, but says the experience was a difficult one to deal with.

Muddy
05-22-2015, 03:09 PM
Good lord... :horror:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-22-2015, 03:11 PM
What kind of butcher surgeon did this, c-section scars over here are a few inches

Muddy
05-22-2015, 03:11 PM
What kind of butcher surgeon did this, c-section scars over here are a few inches

Usually the length of a trimmed pubic hair area.. And right at the top of it.

redred
05-22-2015, 04:05 PM
nasty

deebakes
05-22-2015, 09:43 PM

:england:

that's what socialized medicine can do for you! :woot: