PDA

View Full Version : Creationist preacher Ken Ham to ‘prove’ dinosaurs roamed with Adam and Eve

Teh One Who Knocks
05-26-2015, 11:00 AM
News Corp Australia Network

http://i.imgur.com/tmzObFK.jpg

OUTSPOKEN creationist Ken Ham is once again raising the hackles of scientists, claiming he is on the verge of proving dinosaurs were roaming the earth only a few thousand years ago.

The former Queensland science teacher, who took on celebrated American scientist Bill Nye in a notorious public debate on creationism last year, who opened the $40m Creation Museum in America and is currently building a Noah’s ark in Kentucky, says he will soon unveil evidence that dinosaurs once lived peacefully alongside Adam and Eve.

Together with creation scientist Dr. David Menton, Mr Ham says he will soon publish findings that he suggests will be world-changing — and dispel current evidence that dinosaurs roamed the earth over 65 million years ago.

It is understood Mr Ham will claim that a bunch of donated Edmontosaurus bones are only a few thousand years old, based on the fact that they still contain remnants of bone marrow.

Soft tissue surviving in dinosaur bones isn’t an entirely new idea — a Tyrannosaurus Rex bone with soft tissue still present was discovered a decade ago.

Even then, young Earth creationists quickly claimed the discovery as evidence that dinosaur fossils were not millions of years old after all, while established scientists familiar with the study of these bones say that it showed, instead, a misunderstanding about how decay works.

http://i.imgur.com/h7R0RjH.jpg

Ken Ham routinely dismisses findings of palaeontologists, geologists, and other scientists who look at evidence to determine what Earth must have been like before recorded history.

Mr Ham has asserted that scientists cannot claim to have proof of their theories if they weren’t there at the time to observe those theories in action.

Bafflingly, in a new post on the pro-creationism website Answers In Genesis, Ken Ham now asserts that Dr. David Menton can indeed look at fossilised dinosaur bones and determine things that happened before either of them was born — as long as it supports his own ideas.

Tens of thousands of creationists flock to Mr Ham’s hi-tech Hollywood-style Creation Museum in Kentucky each year where they can see animatronic Adam and Eves interacting with a peaceful looking T.Rex, among other attractions.

Hal-9000
05-26-2015, 04:07 PM
I do support one part of this. Geologists routinely admit that methods of dating are inaccurate. They can be thousands of years off.

Maybe not Adam and Eve, but new science could put some types of homo sapiens with dinosaurs, it's not a huge stretch

Jezter
05-26-2015, 07:58 PM
Definitely not any sort of Homo sapiens roamed with the dinos! Dunno about other Homo species...still very far fetched even if dating isn't absolutely fool proof 100% accurate to a tee.
Also "Mr Ham has asserted that scientists cannot claim to have proof of their theories if they weren’t there at the time to observe those theories in action." So he was there and so he can prove it? Riiiiight. :lol:

deebakes
05-27-2015, 12:24 AM
the only homo species that roamed around with the dinosaurs was hal :shrug:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-27-2015, 12:36 AM
#halburn

Griffin
05-27-2015, 01:15 AM
"Marshall, Will and Holly..."

Teh One Who Knocks
05-27-2015, 10:39 AM
http://i.imgur.com/HidzLqf.jpg

Hal-9000
05-27-2015, 04:29 PM
Definitely not any sort of Homo sapiens roamed with the dinos! Dunno about other Homo species...still very far fetched even if dating isn't absolutely fool proof 100% accurate to a tee.
Also "Mr Ham has asserted that scientists cannot claim to have proof of their theories if they weren’t there at the time to observe those theories in action." So he was there and so he can prove it? Riiiiight. :lol:

You don't know that....some smaller herbivore dinos were dated around same time the sapiens were supposed to have evolved...that's what I was eluding to. Dating methods are not sure of when certain types of dinos and certain types of man were actually roaming the Earth.

Homo-finlander [-(

Hugh_Janus
05-27-2015, 06:34 PM
:popcorn:

Jezter
05-27-2015, 08:08 PM
You don't know that....some smaller herbivore dinos were dated around same time the sapiens were supposed to have evolved...that's what I was eluding to. Dating methods are not sure of when certain types of dinos and certain types of man were actually roaming the Earth.

Homo-finlander [-(
Homo-Finlander Ragnarökus, thank you very much!