PDA

View Full Version : Texas homecoming queen killed in flood while driving home from prom

Teh One Who Knocks
05-26-2015, 11:05 AM
BY Doyle Murphy - NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

http://i.imgur.com/czCr7yGl.jpg

A Texas homecoming queen on her way home from prom was caught in a flash flood and swept to her death.

Alyssa Ramirez, 18, was driving to Devine from San Antonio when she was stranded in high water, dialing for help before she was overwhelmed, relatives told local news stations.

“She did the right things,” aunt Roberta Ramirez told News 4 San Antonio. “She called 911. She called her father, but it was just too much and too quick.”

The popular teen was a cheerleader, student council president and star athlete on the tennis and volleyball teams at Devine High School, according to an obituary.

Powerful storms cut through Texas on Saturday as Ramirez and her classmates danced in San Antonio.

The teen, who hoped to be an optometrist when she grew up, thought about waiting until morning to make the 35-mile drive back to Devine, a final tweet revealed.

“The fact that we may be stuck in SA overnight bc rain is so sad,” she wrote in the tragic post.

The girl’s distraught parents searched frantically for her Saturday night, but it wasn’t until the flood waters receded that emergency crews recovered her body a short way from her car, her aunt told News 4.

Heartbroken classmates mourned her death as news spread through the small town.

“I don’t doubt for a second that she’s our guardian angel watching over us,” friend Alyssa Schmidt told KENS 5.

A visitation was scheduled for Tuesday in Devine followed by the funeral on Wednesday.

PorkChopSandwiches
05-26-2015, 03:49 PM
“I don’t doubt for a second that she’s our guardian angel watching over us,” friend Alyssa Schmidt told KENS 5.

:facepalm:

:rip:

Hal-9000
05-26-2015, 04:01 PM
I was thinking about Kevin when I heard about these stories, hope he's ok :|

KevinD
05-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Quack.

deebakes
05-27-2015, 12:23 AM
:rip: