PDA

View Full Version : Officials: Boy Gouged Out His Own Eyes And Ate Them After Using 'Ice'

Teh One Who Knocks
05-26-2015, 11:45 AM
By Matiss Batarags - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/30ia8Xg.jpg

Australia is dealing with a usage epidemic of "ice," also commonly known as crystal meth. The drug is more potent and addictive than the powder form of methamphetamine. A summit organized by the Express Advocate tried to address the problem and provided some gruesome examples of the drug's effects.

Dobell Federal Liberal MP Karen McNamara described the horrific story to the audience at the conference, News.com.au reported. She opened by saying, "There is nothing at all recreational about this drug."

She then launched into the story of a crystal meth user: "Let me tell you a story that demonstrates this ... about a young boy taken into an emergency department for treatment who gouged out his own eyeballs and ate them."

The conference on crystal meth use comes as a reaction to widespread use of the drug and only a week after the Organized Crime Squad busted a Sydney drug ring that was holding almost 375 pounds of crystal meth worth $110 million.

Seven men were arrested earlier in the week when police found an underground lab with 37 pounds of meth. They were all between 21 and 31 years old.

Hospital doctors reported that crystal meth users were difficult to sedate, saying that they had to administer a dose six times larger than normal.

One doctor said at the summit, "If I gave you this sort of dosage, you’d be dead.”

Paramedics also reported that users had were extremely strong, and that it took 12 people to subdue a particular addict.

A report by the Australian Crime Commission determined that crystal meth posed the biggest threat of any illegal drug, according to BBC.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott said, "The propensity for violence, the propensity to subsequent, very serious mental illness, the propensity to disfigurement which ice produces means that this is a drug epidemic way beyond anything that we have seen before now."

The country has established a national taskforce to tackle the crystal meth epidemic, and the government hopes to develop a strategy and deliver a report to Abbott by the middle of this year, BBC reports.

A 2013 study reported that 7 percent of Australian residents over the age of 14 reported using crystal meth at least once in their life.

Goofy
05-26-2015, 12:33 PM
Is it the blue stuff? :-k

redred
05-26-2015, 01:30 PM
doubt it would be that good

PorkChopSandwiches
05-26-2015, 03:46 PM
Ice is typically pretty clean, thats why its clear....its the good stuff

Hal-9000
05-26-2015, 04:09 PM
So after gouging out his own eyes....he had the wherewithal to eat them??

damn son, that's high :lol:

Goofy
05-26-2015, 07:54 PM
doubt it would be that good

Ice is typically pretty clean, thats why its clear....its the good stuff

red knows nothing about good meth [-(

PorkChopSandwiches
05-26-2015, 08:06 PM
Maybe not as good as the blue stuff, I dont think Red ever gets anything "clear" where he goes :lol:

deebakes
05-27-2015, 12:24 AM
:yum:

Hugh_Janus
05-27-2015, 06:47 PM
I bet he's regretting that now :blind: