PDA

View Full Version : Couple Charged With Murder After 2-Day-Old Daughter Dies Of Meth Overdose

Teh One Who Knocks
05-27-2015, 11:14 AM
By Jonathan Constante - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/Xk74r4w.jpg

A South Carolina couple were scheduled to appear in court May 26 after being charged in the meth overdose death of their 2-day-old baby.

Kelli Noelle Smith-Durham, 27, gave birth to her daughter, Gracie Mae Fuller, on Nov. 17, 2014. Two days later, the baby was dead, the Daily Mail reports.

Investigators said the baby died at a home in the Simpsonville area, which Smith-Durham shared with her boyfriend, Shane Ray Fuller, and her three other children.

Deputies described the family’s living conditions as deplorable. They had no electricity and the home was being heated by propane heaters, according to reports.

A coroner determined the cause of death to be drug intoxication after high levels of methamphetamine were discovered in the baby’s system, Fox Carolina reported. Smith-Durham also tested positive for methamphetamine.

The child’s death was ruled a homicide and Smith-Durham and Fuller were arrested in February and held on a $40,000 bail. The mother has been charged with murder by child abuse and four counts of unlawful child neglect.

Smith-Durham’s other three children were removed from the home and place in the custody of the Department of Social Services.

Hal-9000
05-27-2015, 04:22 PM
Die Antwood, the senior years...

:(

PorkChopSandwiches
05-27-2015, 04:32 PM
:slap:

:rip:

Hal-9000
05-27-2015, 04:35 PM
:coat:

Teh One Who Knocks
05-27-2015, 04:37 PM
What kind of fucking sicko gives a 2 day old baby meth? :|

Hal-9000
05-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Maybe a case of toxic levels because of the mom's habit? The kid was two days old so it was either through the bloodstream or perhaps simple proximity...mom got home and fired up the pipe with the baby close at hand...

don't want to think that an adult actually got a baby high on meth :|

PorkChopSandwiches
05-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Yeah, I would bet they were smoking it indoors, and the baby got hot boxed

Hal-9000
05-27-2015, 04:51 PM
I still think that a simple competency test should be given when parents arrive at the hospital to have babies.....if they fail, too bad so sad you don't get to take the baby home :)

Teh One Who Knocks
05-27-2015, 04:56 PM
Yeah, I would bet they were smoking it indoors, and the baby got hot boxed

Either way, there's no excuse

Hugh_Janus
05-27-2015, 06:31 PM
fuckin walter white

PorkChopSandwiches
05-27-2015, 07:38 PM
I still think that a simple competency test should be given when parents arrive at the hospital to have babies.....if they fail, too bad so sad you don't get to take the baby home :)

My sister in law tested positive for meth giving birth in the hospital, they tried to take the kid....somehow it was a false positive and they let him go home.

Either way, there's no excuse

No its not, but it explains how it was injested

deebakes
05-27-2015, 11:54 PM
:shock: