PDA

View Full Version : Heroic Londoners lift 12-tonne double decker bus off trapped unicyclist

redred
05-29-2015, 11:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWtb3rWZt5g

Dozens of Londoners lifted a 12-tonne double decker bus off a trapped unicyclist, who was knocked off his unicycle in a crash.

Incredible video captured on a cellphone shows bystanders rushing to the man's aid following the accident in Walthamstow, in east London.

Robin Jerrom, who was one of the first on the scene, told the Daily Mail he heard a "loud bang" and looked out his window to see the unicyclist trapped under the front wheel of the bus.

"I ran out to help, and could see the bus driver was a little bit shocked and didn't know what to do. We tried to get him to move it forward, but he couldn't so we got him to stop.

"Then more and more people came along to help move the bus, about 40-50 people."

Jerrom said the victim eventually managed to crawl out, but was in "quite a state".

"It's not a sight I'm going to forget. It was a very bad injury, a quite horrific image for everyone to see."

Another witness, Rahmo Ahmed, told the Daily Mail she had crossed the road to buy a takeaway when she heard and loud bang and screams. She immediately ran to the bus to help.

"I saw his hand was sticking out and he was screaming for help. It was horrible. I don't know what got into me, I was in shock, but I just ran and I was shouting to everyone 'please help'.

"Then a hundred people were on top of me helping."

Sami Ullah, who runs a cafe near the scene of the crash, said they saw people leaving their chairs at nearby cafes and restaurants and running out onto the road to help.

"There must have been about 50 to 100. They somehow managed to pull the bus away a bit. We were amazed – it was a heavy bus, a double decker."

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said the unicyclist was taken by ambulance to an east London hospital where his condition was understood to be serious.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/68989160/heroic-londoners-lift-12tonne-double-decker-bus-off-trapped-unicyclist

deebakes
05-30-2015, 02:30 AM
what a waste of man power, it was a fuckin' unicyclist :sad2: