PDA

View Full Version : Facebook Argument Over Faulty Math Goes Viral

Teh One Who Knocks
05-30-2015, 10:47 AM
By Amanda Andrade-Rhoades - Opposing Views

It’s hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it’s virtually impossible to win against a stupid person.

Penny Hayes of LaFayette, Georgia, got a firsthand look at how true that is after she posted an offer for bottles of laundry detergent in a Facebook yard sale group.

Hayes offered small bottles of detergent for $0.35 each or in bulk with a total of 48 bottles for $12, meaning people who bought all of the bottles would receive a discount.

Though the math seemed pretty simple, a woman named Rachel Penney disputed the numbers and claimed Hayes was trying to rip people off.

http://i.imgur.com/gdBwTny.jpg

The admin of the group, Christi Morgan, entered the comment fray and sided with Penney. Morgan threatened to delete Hayes’s post and tell others that she was trying to scam them.

http://i.imgur.com/7YL3Wu6.jpg

Hayes took screenshots of the argument and posted them to her Facebook on May 27. The post has since received over 50,000 likes and 100,000 shares.

Morgan reportedly apologized for her comments but later deleted the post. Ironically, she was charged with swindling an elderly woman out of her life savings in 2012.

DemonGeminiX
05-30-2015, 12:39 PM
Wow

:lol:

deebakes
05-30-2015, 12:41 PM
:facepalm:

RBP
05-30-2015, 01:49 PM
There are more of them than there are of us.

DemonGeminiX
05-30-2015, 01:55 PM
I don't get how any school system could allow anybody out into the world knowing they don't know what they're supposed to know.

RBP
05-30-2015, 01:56 PM
I don't get how any school system could allow anybody out into the world knowing they don't know what they're supposed to know.

You can't fix stupid.

Hal-9000
05-30-2015, 04:41 PM
OMG...in my old world we sold business forms. There were variations in packaging - pads, sets, tabs, books, eaches, cartons etc...

Chick is supposed to set up program entries for me. One was for 1000 pads of something. There were 100 pages per pad so the system looked at it in eaches, meaning how many sheets of paper total...1000 pads x 100 sheets per pad = 100000 sheets of paper. One of the easiest transactions I would handle in a day.

She enters 100000 pads into our system. We argue through email for almost 8 hours and I finally pass the exchange onto my supervisor.

Her last email copying her supervisor - "I can't help it if the warehouse people can't add. Maybe we should send a calculator out there. Ha ha"

I traced my hand on a sheet of paper and numbered the fingers 1 through 5 and then wrote - 'CSR Calculator' on the top of the page. I scanned it and attached it to her email and copied everyone.

damn I got in a LOT of shit for that one :lol: :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
05-30-2015, 07:09 PM
Amazing

perrhaps
05-30-2015, 07:52 PM
There are more of them than there are of us.

And they breed more, too.