PDA

View Full Version : Pastors Warn People Not To Play 'Charlie Charlie Challenge'

Teh One Who Knocks
06-04-2015, 12:48 PM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/U4ZCK9l.png

The "Charlie Charlie Challenge" is supposedly a supernatural game in which people place two pencils in a cross position on top of a piece of paper with "Yes" and "No" written in each quadrant.

The idea is to summon a Mexican demon named Charlie who will answer a question by moving the top pencil to a "Yes" or "No" section.

Young people often post videos on YouTube of the game, which has swept the web.

Pastor Robert Jeffress, of the First Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas, recently warned people not to engage Charlie.

Jeffress wrote in a statement to The Christian Post:

"The Bible is clear that Christians should run — not walk — away from any attempt to contact or harness demonic powers through games like 'Charlie, Charlie.'

"Deuteronomy 18:10 uses the term 'divinations' to refer to activities that involve contact with demons and warns 'whoever does these things is detestable to the Lord' (Deut. 18:12).

"Any parent who takes the Word of God seriously will do whatever is necessary to keep his or her child away from games like these, which God has strictly forbidden."

Pastor Carl Gallups of the Hickory Hammock Baptist Church in Milton, Florida, recently told WPTF radio in North Carolina:

"People are being punked, it's a trick. I've done it right here on my desk in front of me. It's so easy to manipulate. Whoever is filming it can easily do it, and even if they're not filming it, if they can be slick about it, it just takes a breath, just a puff from your mouth ... to move the pencil."

"And I am saying to folks, 'Look, turn to Christ, turn to the light, turn to the Word of God. Quit playing around with the darkness.' A pencil on top of a pencil is probably a fake trick, but there is a reality and if you want if bad enough, and open it up bad enough, and what they're kind of doing is, 'Praying for Charlie to show up.' I mean if you start getting involved in that with your heart, mind and soul, this little trick is like a gateway drug. It can lead to deeper and darker things. We do know that severe alcohol abuse, severe drug abuse, can open all kinds of different dimensions, and realities and worlds."