PDA

View Full Version : Armed Texas Gun Advocate Claims Police Treat Him Like Terrorist

Teh One Who Knocks
06-05-2015, 11:02 AM
By Michael Allen - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/dPmHaZl.png

Open Carry Texas leader C.J. Grisham argued with police officers while reportedly carrying an assault rifle in Abilene, Texas, on Wednesday.

In a video (below) posted by Open Carry Texas, Grisham claims there are police officers in the distance aiming guns at him and his fellow gun advocates, who have guns strapped to their backs, notes RawStory.com.

Grisham posted the video on Twitter with the caption, "It's getting to where a guy can't open carry in peace anymore."

When two police officers walk up to Grisham and his friends, Grisham demands that the cops tells an officer in the distance to "stand down."

The officers try to explain to Grisham that the owner of the private property where he and his buddies are standing want them to leave, or they can be charged with trespassing.

Grisham demands to know why the police are armed, so a second officer informs Grisham that he too is armed. Grisham blows off this logic by saying his gun is on his back.

Grisham repeatedly claims the police are threatening him with rifles.

Grisham later walks to his car to leave, but tells the police, "You guys want to come up on us like we’re some sorta terrorists, then I’m gonna respond in kind."

An officer walks up and repeatedly asks Grisham if he can talk like an adult, but Grisham yells at him and drives off.

The Open Carry Texas video claims that the Abilene Police Department apologized to the gun advocates, however, that has not been confirmed in a public statement.

The video also claims it's going to serve as a "training opportunity" for police officers on "what not to do when encountering law abiding citizens exercising their right to keep and bear arms."

The "law-abiding" Grisham was fined $2,000 in 2013 after being found guilty "of interference with the duties of an officer" when he was a Master Sergeant in the U.S. Army, noted KWTX.

"There is a finding of guilt and there's got to be punishment, so I freely accept that regardless of my thoughts on the verdict. I'm pleased with the fine and the fact that I'm going to be able to go home to my family," Grisham said at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfK1fJhZX7g

deebakes
06-06-2015, 02:48 AM
:dunce:

Griffin
06-06-2015, 09:32 AM
It's dipshits like this that give the U.S a bad rep when viewed by the rest of the planet and make it easier for anti gunners to gain ground with public opinion.

This is not what our founding fathers intended with the second amendment.