PDA

View Full Version : Woman cried rape after first date train sex lover ran away from her

Teh One Who Knocks
06-09-2015, 11:23 AM
Ollie McAteer for Metro.co.uk

http://i.imgur.com/rTUgd2c.jpg

A woman is facing jail for sparking a police investigation when she falsely claimed she had been raped on a train.

Karen Farmer, 35, told officers that a man had sexually assaulted her while travelling from Glasgow to Blantyre.

She had in fact consented to having sex with the man on a first date, but she got upset after he made an excuse and ran off.

Farmer later alleged the 23-year-old she had been intimate with was ‘aggressive and controlling’ which lead to him being detained at his work and quizzed by police.

Farmer, from Paisley pled guilty at Glasgow Sheriff Court to falsely claim she was raped and causing police to devote their time and services in an investigation she knew was false.

Procurator fiscal depute Collette Fallon said that Farmer was under the impression that she would be staying the night with the man in August 2012.

While on the rain, they were captured on CCTV ‘engaging in consensual sex’.

Miss Fallon said that when they got off of the train at Blantyre, the man told Farmer he needed the toilet but ran away from the station.

Farmer, visibly upset, looked for him and eventually asked to borrow someone’s phone to text her date.

In the message she said: ‘Thanks for the night that I paid for, for you to leave me in Blantyre. For you to use me like that has made me feel so low. Trying to find my way back home, I don’t know how to get there.’

Miss Fallon said: ‘The accused boarded the train back to Glasgow, during the course of the journey she knocked on the driver’s cab door and the driver of the train opened the door and saw the accused was upset and crying.

‘She told him she had been assaulted but did not specify further.’

When she got to Central station she told police she had been sexually assaulted on the train and taken to a police station.

Defence counsel Louise Arrol said: ‘She has very little recollection of events that evening.

‘There was reference to her being intoxicated. When she viewed the CCTV she realised her recollection was not what she thought it was.’

She will be sentenced next month.

Goofy
06-09-2015, 11:49 AM
Eejit :roll:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-09-2015, 01:10 PM
:thumbsdown:

deebakes
06-10-2015, 03:54 AM
:rofl:

Teh One Who Knocks
07-07-2015, 11:25 AM
By Kathryn Schroeder - Opposing Views

A British woman who falsely accused a man of raping her on a train has been given community service as punishment.

Karen Farmer, 35, initially told police she was sexually assaulted on a train from Glasgow to Blantyre.

Farmer lied, as the sex she had with the 23-year-old man on the train was consensual, BBC reports. They had actually been on a date together that evening and she only made up the rape story after he left her alone once they got off the train.

It was reported that they were seen on their date drinking and being “openly physically affectionate” by kissing each other. They boarded the train together to Blantyre where the man lived and Farmer was under the impression she would be spending the night at his home.

CCTV on the train caught the couple having consensual sex.

When Farmer and the man got off the train, he told her he had to use the bathroom—he never came back.

Farmer borrowed a phone at the station and sent the following text to the man: "Thanks for the night that I paid for for you to leave me in Blantyre. For you to use me like that has made me feel so low. Trying to find my way back home, I don't know how to get there."

Farmer, visibly upset and crying, boarded a train back to Glasgow and told the driver she had been assaulted.

Upon arrival in Glasgow, Farmer told police she had been sexually assaulted by the man and a rape kit was conducted as well as an interview with a sexual assault officer.

Farmer told police the man was “aggressive and controlling.” He was detained at work and questioned by police, reports Metro.

Farmer’s attorney, Louise Arrol, said her client is a “vulnerable 35-year-old” and has “very little recollection of events that evening.”

"There was reference to her being intoxicated,” Arrol said. “When she viewed the CCTV she realized her recollection was not what she thought it was."

Farmer pleaded guilty to falsely claiming she was raped and causing police to devote their time and services in an investigation she knew was false. She will perform community service and be supervised for the next three years.

Muddy
07-07-2015, 12:32 PM
#yuck

RBP
07-07-2015, 11:33 PM
I appreciate story updates, Lance. Thanks.

Oofty Goofty
07-08-2015, 01:58 AM
When she viewed the CCTV she realized her recollection was not what she thought it was.

Translation: She knew she had been caught in a lie.