PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut Pastor Calls Out Rev. Al Sharpton After He Asks For Money

Teh One Who Knocks
06-09-2015, 11:34 AM
By Emily Smith - Opposing Views

http://i.imgur.com/ELFM9DW.png

One Connecticut pastor has a lot to say to Rev. Al Sharpton.

Sharpton joined a march in Hartford, Connecticut on Saturday in order to protest the killing of five young African Americans who died in the city over the past two weeks. During his time in the city, Sharpton spoke at Shiloh Baptist Church and asked that everyone contribute $100 to his organization to recognize those who had died.

“I want the names and their stories up so children can see they don’t want to be on that wall,” Sharpton said.

Pastor Marcus Mosiah Jarvis, however, called Sharpton out as he walked down the aisle of the church.

“How dare you ask the people of Hartford to give you their money!” Jarvis said. “You’re nothing but a pimp!”

According to BreitBart, Jarvis further accused Sharpton of using the protest to weasel his way into a community where people are struggling to find jobs and make a living. Jarvis was especially skeptical, since Sharpton asked that everyone contribute the money to his National Action Network.

Jarvis argued that the community needs classes where people can come from good credit, establish credit, own a home, create a resume and look for a job instead of a memorial. Jarvis added that those things would empower people.

Following Jarvis’ complaints, Sharpton immediately withdrew $1,000 from his suit pocket and donated it to the memorial fund.

There might be some cause behind Jarvis’ accusations. In the past, Sharpton has reportedly avoided taxes and owes an estimated $4.5 million in state and federal taxes.

Hal-9000
06-09-2015, 03:31 PM
so Al pulls out 1000 cash?

:lol: gangster thief

perrhaps
06-10-2015, 02:05 AM
Most of the Black-on-Black murder memorials I've seen consist of whiskey bottles; 40s;, teddy bears and balloons. Much cheaper than $1,000.00.

deebakes
06-10-2015, 03:34 AM
:lol: