PDA

View Full Version : Pat Robertson Tells Grieving Mother Her Dead Baby Could’ve Grown Up to Be Hitler

Teh One Who Knocks
06-10-2015, 11:04 AM
by Jamie Frevele - Mediaite

http://i.imgur.com/h7zcjRt.jpg

When Pat Robertson can still surprise you with insanely horrible things that come out of his mouth, at least that’s some evidence that you’re not totally jaded yet. There is still a little scintilla of innocence left inside of your dark, cavernous soul that still finds the energy to say, “Wait, what?” I’ll let the latest video of Pat Robertson mumbling and drooling some nonsense out of his mouth be that piece of evidence.

A friend of a woman mourning the loss of her three-year-old wrote in to The 700 Club asking what to tell her friend when asked how a good God would let some ill children live but let her child die. In his infinite wisdom, Robertson said that God can see the big picture of life and probably killed her child before he or she could become Adolf Hitler.

Don’t believe me? Don’t think Robertson himself would have the gall to say such a thing to a woman grieving her three-year-old? Here’s the full quote:

As far as God’s concerned, He knows the end from the beginning and He sees a little baby and that little baby could grow up to be Adolf Hitler, he could grow up to be Joseph Stalin, he could grow up to be some serial killer, or he could grow up to die of a hideous disease. God sees all of that, and for that life to be terminated while he’s a baby, he’s going to be with God forever in Heaven so it isn’t a bad thing.

Still don’t believe it? Here is the video of him making those exact words come out of his mouth by using his brain and vocal cords:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmeH0s3H68I

But this logic is completely flawed. If Robertson’s version of God truly can see what he says He can see, then why didn’t he kill Hitler, Stalin, or all those serial killers while they were children? Did he see them draw a pretty picture or save a puppy from a fire and then assume that they wouldn’t go on to become evil, so He spared them? Because that’s seems a bit short of seeing “the end from the beginning.”

It appears Robertson just jumped Godwin’s shark. In fact, he may have jumped it, water-skied behind it, then jumped it again.

Goofy
06-10-2015, 11:58 AM
Still don’t believe it? Here is the video of him making those exact words come out of his mouth by using his brain and vocal cords:

Bullshit, there's no way he has one :hand:

DemonGeminiX
06-10-2015, 03:56 PM
Ok, Porky. I'm siding with you on this one. This guy needs to keel over and die already.

Hal-9000
06-10-2015, 04:51 PM
making those exact words come out of his mouth by using his brain and vocal cords:

:rofl:

Someone should compile a book called The Horrible Things Pat Says

Pony
06-10-2015, 04:56 PM
They were talking on the radio this morning, the question was for 200k could you stand behind him, applaud everything he said, throw in an "amen" or two without cracking up laughing or looking at him like he belongs in the loony bin?

Hal-9000
06-10-2015, 04:58 PM
Only cuz I really need the cash....and there would have to been tempering drugs involved to curb my laughter :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Ok, Porky. I'm siding with you on this one. This guy needs to keel over and die already.

You have SEEN THE LIGHT

Hal-9000
06-10-2015, 06:27 PM
Da Shit Pat be Sayin This Week....

:lol:

Teh One Who Knocks
06-10-2015, 06:32 PM
What if it had been a Hitler baby? :-s

Hal-9000
06-10-2015, 06:36 PM
It wasn't.

Thank God for Pat :tup:

Muddy
06-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Why didnt god kill Hitler when he was a baby then? Fuggin cherry picking Christians.. *grumble grumble* Starting to be generally irritated by the lot of them..

DemonGeminiX
06-10-2015, 08:36 PM
It's not the lot of them that are spewing filth in the news. Like everything else, you see a very small representation of a small minority. I'm Catholic and I never say shit like this.

PorkChopSandwiches
06-10-2015, 08:36 PM
Why didnt god kill Hitler when he was a baby then? Fuggin cherry picking Christians.. *grumble grumble* Starting to be generally irritated by the lot of them..

Exactly, this guy is a joke

Muddy
06-10-2015, 08:54 PM
It's not the lot of them that are spewing filth in the news. Like everything else, you see a very small representation of a small minority. I'm Catholic and I never say shit like this.

Do you think the Earth is only 7000 years old?

DemonGeminiX
06-10-2015, 09:24 PM
No, of course not.

Pony
06-10-2015, 09:28 PM

God was too busy praising himself for creating Pat that he didn't notice Hitler until it was too late.

Muddy
06-10-2015, 09:56 PM
No, of course not.

Do you selectively believe whats in the bible?

DemonGeminiX
06-10-2015, 10:43 PM
Do you selectively believe whats in the bible?

I'm kind of a history nut when it comes to the bible. I approach it from an objective scholarly point of view. I take a lot of stories in the bible that are passed off as fact with a grain of salt, especially where current scientific fact has proven these "facts" as false. Keep in mind, I am a mathematician, and I do love science in all its forms and colors. Here's the thing: the books of the bible were written between 1000 BCE and 200 CE by a people that had a certain set of beliefs. They didn't have the benefit of the science and the verified general knowledge that we have at our disposal today. The bible is a history book of a people who had very limited knowledge. These are people that were not very far removed, generational-wise, from the nomadic hunter-gatherers that believed that the Sun and the Moon were gods.

Furthermore, some of the earlier books of the bible, Genesis and such, are actually plagiarisms of stories taken from earlier religions. The flood story is actually ripped off from the Epic of Gilgamesh. And I'm sure the Gilgamesh account of the flood came from somewhere else, passed down in oral tradition for generations before they actually started writing shit down. And there was probably a ton of changes in the way people told these stories as they were passing it down orally from generation to generation before they started writing this junk down. And I'm sure that there was a ton of changes to these stories as they were copied and recopied and translated into different languages for over 2000 years. So one could say that the bible we read today probably isn't as accurate as to what the bible was back in the day when the Canonical Bible was agreed upon, whenever that was. It used to be said that the Council of Nicea agreed on it, but lately they're saying that there's no such evidence to support that. And that's definitely not accurate to what people were passing down orally from generation to generation.

However, the bible does have a lot of great guidelines to living a good life, and they're generally centered around the teachings of that Jesus fellow. Now I'm not perfect - I am only human - but I do believe in Him, and I take what He says pretty seriously. That's really the only requirement to being a Christian, Catholic or otherwise, is to believe in Him and His teachings.

Now, what else are you gonna ask that attacks my faith?

PorkChopSandwiches
06-10-2015, 10:49 PM
I'm kind of a history nut when it comes to the bible. I approach it from an objective scholarly point of view. I take a lot of stories in the bible that are passed off as fact with a grain of salt, especially where current scientific fact has proven these "facts" as false. Keep in mind, I am a mathematician, and I do love science in all its forms and colors. Here's the thing: the books of the bible were written between 1000 BCE and 200 CE by a people that had a certain set of beliefs. They didn't have the benefit of the science and the verified general knowledge that we have at our disposal today. The bible is a history book of a people who had very limited knowledge. These are people that were not very far removed, generational-wise, from the nomadic hunter-gatherers that believed that the Sun and the Moon were gods.

Furthermore, some of the earlier books of the bible, Genesis and such, are actually plagiarisms of stories taken from earlier religions. The flood story is actually ripped off from the Epic of Gilgamesh. And I'm sure the Gilgamesh account of the flood came from somewhere else, passed down in oral tradition for generations before they actually started writing shit down. And there was probably a ton of changes in the way people told these stories as they were passing it down orally from generation to generation before they started writing this junk down. And I'm sure that there was a ton of changes to these stories as they were copied and recopied and translated into different languages for over 2000 years. So one could say that the bible we read today probably isn't as accurate as to what the bible was back in the day when the Canonical Bible was agreed upon, whenever that was. It used to be said that the Council of Nicea agreed on it, but lately they're saying that there's no such evidence to support that. And that's definitely not accurate to what people were passing down orally from generation to generation.

However, the bible does have a lot of great guidelines to living a good life, and they're generally centered around the teachings of that Jesus fellow. Now I'm not perfect - I am only human - but I do believe in Him, and I take what He says pretty seriously. That's really the only requirement to being a Christian, Catholic or otherwise, is to believe in Him and His teachings.

Didn't seem like an attack

RBP
06-10-2015, 10:51 PM

Dear DGX,

Mary was likely a preteen when she conceived. Why do you worship a pedophile God?

Love,

Muddy.

[this post is intended for parody purposes only, any real or implied attack on religious beliefs in unintentional. Views expressed here do not reflect the views of tehfalloutshelter owners or management.]

:dance:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-10-2015, 10:53 PM

DemonGeminiX
06-10-2015, 11:29 PM
Didn't seem like an attack

Christ, this is all over the place. I'm not making any sense and I'm gonna post it anyway. :no:

*Sigh*

It sure does look like the start of it. I apologize if I went too far with that, but I've been down this road many times before. It is one of several reasons why I generally keep my mouth shut when it comes to religion, that I believe it's better to keep my beliefs to myself, so that no one treads all over what I believe, or gets in my face and tells me that I'm wrong or that I'm a bad person for whatever reason. Or they want to say that I'm not really a Catholic or a Christian, when they claim to be and they're no better than me, or they're not and yet they're claiming they know what it takes to be one better than I do. Or they want to sit there and say there is no God and they can prove it and list all of the horrible shit that has ever happened on this Earth as evidence that there is no God.

Here's the thing Porky: you don't know. You can't know. I don't and can't know. But I still believe. That's why it's called faith. The belief in something without evidence. But God by nature of what He is can't be proven. He's beyond us. We can't understand Him, we can't even conceive of a notion that might even give us a hint of what He actually is. You claim that He can't be because of all of our unanswered questions. I claim He has to be because of all our unanswered questions. And when one question is answered, it just leads to more questions.

But that's me. And I'm sorry for this diatribe here but I've had this boiling up inside me for a while now. This has been bothering me for a long time. You guys have been absolutely ruthless towards other people's feelings with respect to this. I rarely go into that religion thread anymore because it went from being funny to one big posted insult after another. We're friends and I respect y'all's feelings on junk and I just feel like I've been disrespected left and right by everybody piling on the 'hate religion' bandwagon because of what? One or two crazy people getting a say that actually gets air time while the rest of us are scratching our heads wondering how these assholes became our spokespeople? We didn't nominate the people you complain about and there's far more of us than there are of them. Yet we keep getting lumped in with them. It's not our fault.

I personally don't care what you believe. I don't need you or anybody else to believe the same things that I do. I'll tell you what I tell "uber-religious" people that want to "save" me: People come to God in their own way. Or they don't. Regardless, it's a choice, and one that a person that has to make on his or her own for their own reasons. No one can tell them the reasons, it has to come from within. I just need you guys to stop and think for a minute before you say something. You don't know what you're saying and how it's effecting people.

Muddy
06-11-2015, 12:10 AM
I have no question whether or not there was a man named Jesus that lived.. I have no doubts that he gave his life for our sins.. What I doubt is 'he was the son of god..' I'm just asking a few poignant questions is all. I have a good amount of religious freinds out there and I know what the Christian faith is about.

deebakes
06-11-2015, 12:37 AM
http://i61.tinypic.com/nq7gvl.gif

DemonGeminiX
06-11-2015, 12:58 AM

I'm sorry if I ticked anybody off. I'm done. I'm gonna go back to not saying anything and just let the chips fall where they may.

deebakes
06-11-2015, 12:59 AM
you didn't tick me off, sorry if that was your impression :rofl:

DemonGeminiX
06-11-2015, 01:01 AM
No, I didn't mean you, Dee. :lol:

deebakes
06-11-2015, 01:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/li4mQ7H.gif

PorkChopSandwiches
06-11-2015, 01:10 AM

I'm sorry if I ticked anybody off. I'm done. I'm gonna go back to not saying anything and just let the chips fall where they may.

None of this shit bothers me, I'm impervious :twisted:

deebakes
06-11-2015, 01:20 AM
weird, i thought you were really pervy :shrug:

Muddy
06-11-2015, 01:49 AM
I aint ticked off.. I like talkin, man..

PorkChopSandwiches
06-11-2015, 01:58 AM
weird, i thought you were really pervy :shrug:

Only online where it's private

RBP
06-11-2015, 03:24 AM

yes, daddy.

perrhaps
06-11-2015, 09:26 AM

Not even a little with that smoking teenage daughter of your Beaner neighbors?

deebakes
06-11-2015, 11:29 PM
he's the beaner, not the neighbors :lol:

PorkChopSandwiches
06-12-2015, 01:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mH4nxIP.png